What can I say, my life REVOLVES around Cannon. I am really super boring and would have nothing to blog about if it weren't for him. So here is whats up with him-We had his 1 year check up and he was a SUPER show-off for his pediatrician. He weighs 24 lbs 4 oz and is 31 inches long. He was running around the room and talking up a storm. He fell and said "ut-oh" and clapped at himself for getting back up. He was playing with his toys and the Dr. got out the light thingy to check his ears. Cannon pointed at it and said "was da? (which is his way of saying "whats that?") Dr. Arnold was extremely shocked. Cannon also stood on 1 leg and bent over to pick up a toy and didn't fall. I was speechless. I had never seen him do that before (he has the balance of a baseball catcher-YES!! lol). After spending some time with us and checking him, he said that Cannon is extremely bright (he gets that from his daddy). He said that he is actually in the 15-18 month old physical and developmental mark. I have never seen Cannon show off that much before. He also got a shot and only cried for about 5 seconds, which made my life a lot easier (I was preparing for a total melt-down).
Now to the fun stuff. He is a complete and total HANDFUL! If I am not chasing him around and cleaning up after him all day, then I am exhausted on the couch from the extreme work out (How I have not lost 50 lbs chasing him around all day, I have no idea). I have to keep an eye on him at all times. He takes our shoes and hides them throughout the house. My wallet ended up in his toy chest. His puzzle pieces end up in our bathroom drawers and I caught him putting a TV remote in our bathtub (with the water running, because he knows how to turn it on and leave). People make fun of me for the way that I have baby-proofed (cross that, HUMAN-PROOFED my house). I don't think they understand why it is necessary. Cannon tries to plug everything into the wall sockets (thank heavens for those little plastic thingies). He tries to dive into the toilets, even when we are sitting on them and going (sorry, I know that is too much info- but I love our toilet locks), and the baby gate at the top of our stairs is a must (he has an obsession with throwing things down the stairs and trying to get them). Maybe my other kids wont need the whole house baby-proofed, but I am not willing to let an accident happen to find out that we needed to do it. All of our drawers and cupboards have baby locks. Our dressers are bolted to the wall. Its just 1 small risk that I am not willing to take with my INTO EVERYTHING son. For those of you who are blessed with kids who understand what "no" means and avoids danger, you are lucky. I know I am going to have a full head of grey hair by the time he is 3.
Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about Cannon. He is a complete joy and I have so much fun. He is just extremely exhausting. I have to take him to the park and on walks to get him out of the house so that he can explore more. He isn't hyper or demanding, he just isn't very cautious. He will slam his hand in his dresser drawer, cry, and then want to play with his dresser again. He doesn't care that it hurt him. He is very determined and doesn't care about injuries. Here are some pics of Hurricane Cannon. I took these pics to show what 3 minutes of playing in his room alone means (it means taking out 5 pairs of shorts, random shoes, books, diapers, the wall plug.......and this was all just 3 minutes!). While I try to put away the 2 books that he got out, he pulls out another 7. Don't even get me started on the toy box in our living room. I had just finished picking up his toys in the living room, and when I went to get his pj's in his room- he got out a few things and threw them all over........ (this picture does it no justice, there were toys EVERYWHERE!!) 
PS- I posted the pic below because he is still obsessed with binks, lol. Can you see how many he has in his crib? That's not to mention the other 2 that fell out onto the floor during the night. I LOVE YOU CANNON WARD! 
11 comments:
Cannon is learning all about the world he lives in... isn't he! Oh my, and the FUN has just began! What a lil stud! AS for the "B"word (aka binky), you are in for it one of these days! :)
Hahaha...that boy is a cutie pie. I hear you with the picking up of one mess then turning around to pick up the next. Last night, no joke, I went from one mess to the next only to see that the first mess needed cleaned again. The first time I got to sit down was when I fed Cohen a bottle before his bedtime. 15 minutes...then he was in bed and time for me to start cleaning again, midnight was when I got to bed. Ugh the life of a mother.
Oh geez! What a curious little boy! I can't believe Anthony will be like this in a few months! AHHHHHHH
He is so cute! I love that your house is as baby/human proof as mine! Jon can't open half the cupboards and drawers in our home! And congrats on the smarty! Mine are always behind!!!
I think watching Cannon is an extreme workout. When I was up there for a few weeks I lost a few lbs. chasing after him. I cannot believe how he is so determined at trying to get into every drawer and cupboard in the house. Luckily he is a good natured little guy and he can be so charming too. I remember having to put a lock high up on our front door when you were little because you learned how to open the front door and walk down the street. Next time dad comes up he can install some door locks for you.
Hey -- do you go to Alpine Pediatrics?? I love the Dr. Arnold there!! Cannon and his binky's kill me! That is so funny.
Hey, I want to update and change my blog background...could you teach me?
Thanks!!
-Katie
OH GOSH! I can see I have some work to do to prepare for Axton! We have all our cupboards prepared with those lock thingies - but bolting the furniture to the walls? Honey get the drill!!!!
He is so cute and growing up and is getting way to smart! I hate it when that happens then you always have to stay one step ahead of them! I love how he is so addicted to his paci too, by the way!
He really is a nut case! Adorable, but simply crazy! I love that he too loves the toilet! I never see Addi move as fast as when she sees her 'swimming pool'! I also love that he is a mess! I swear, they are just funny! But so wonderful! Crazy kids are the best and dont ever think that a calm baby is better...that would be boring!
My phone is completly broke! I can hear it ring, but if I answer it is completly dead! I did get your message though, bad news is that Saturday is her actual birthday and we have lunch planned with her....sorry. I hate that I keep missing you and the other babies! Life is too crazy! Soon!
He he always have to be on your toes. Maybe you will get a mellow girl for your next one. Your house looks amazing though... I will need to come and see it one of these days.
Post a Comment