Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Cannon Ward

I cannot believe that my baby is 1 year old today. I remember being at the hospital and having a miserable labor (they say that you forget it, I didn't-lol). I remember being so tired when they finally brought me into surgery, Brian had to remind me to breathe every few seconds. I remember knowing that he was out of my tummy and not hearing a little cry for a minute, and I broke down once I heard that darling little gasp followed by a soft cry. They brought him by my face and I instantly fell in love with those dimples and all of that dark fuzzy hair.

The past year has been such an amazing year! It has been filled with so much love as well as many sleepless nights. I am just so thankful and lucky to have such a good baby. He is a true blessing and joy in our lives. Thank you all for being a part of Cannon's life. Happy Birthday my baby boy.

15 comments:

K and A Edgeworth said...

lauren, he really is just HEARTWARMING! His pictures are gorgeous!!! I hope that he has a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Jeanette said...

HAPPY BDAY CANNON. This yr has been great with you in our family. You are a cutie and great little boy.

The Larsen's said...

Happy Birthday Cannon!!! I hope you have a great day today. You sure are a cutie pie!
-Mandie

fghjhfhmv y uy uyk g yil
-Cohen

barbaraence said...

You made it!!!! So far (I've found) it is much easier after 1!
I still love the fact that he is born on April Fools.

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Cannon! I could watch that slide show all day - he is just breathtaking! I can't believe he's one today. That means my baby will be one soon, and that is so sad... Time flies! Happy Birthday!

Ben and Jenn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANNON! He is so dang cute you guys! They grow up WAY too fast!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to Cannon. I remember coming to the hospital to visit you, it doesn't seem like that was a whole year ago!

A said...

They sure do grow fast! Happy Birthday Cannon!

Jess Perry said...

Time goes by way too fast. Happy Birthday big guy!!

Jim Monaghan said...

Cannon -

Happy First Birthday from the Monaghans!

You're so lucky to have two parents who love you so much!

Diane said...

Cannon,
You are a lucky little boy to have so many people that love you. I know you are your mom and dads shining star. Your smile and baby blue eyes melt our heart. We have had so much fun watching you grow this last year. I hope you are not to mad at your grandpa for putting baby proof locks on all the cabinets and drawers. I am sure by next year you will have figured out how to unbabyproof the house. We love you very much.
Grandma and Grandpa W

amy said...

They grow up so fast! It was fun to see all of the pictures of him from his first year. He sure is a cutie!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Oh yes- how are we supposed to forget labor...oh wait I never felt a thing, thanks to the epidural- anyway- if I send you pics of Pnut and knox will you do one of those bday invites for me so I can print them out for my family for their party. Call me

Mandy said...

So amazing! It is scary to think about how time flies. I too have been traumatized by labor....it will take a minute for me to want to go through that again. I love the little pictures of him when he was so small, he really was so cute with that fuzzy dark hair. So cute!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I wish I knew him better, he looks like he has the coolest personality! One day we will be buds!