Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Deja Vu

Déjà vu (pronounced /ˈdeɪʒɑː ˈvuː/ (help·info); French /deʒa vy/ "already seen"; also called paramnesia, from Greek παρα para, "near" + μνήμη mnēmē, "memory") is the experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously (an individual feels as though an event has already happened or has repeated itself).
So last week, I was busy bragging about life being a bowl of peaches and sugar (mmmmm....yum). I had felt like the sun had always been shining on us. I have had a major case of deja vu this week. As I was blogging about rainbows and love, it hit me- your words might come back to bite you. "No way, it was going to be a good week" (I thought). Then I was hit with it again, "Nope, you really need to be careful this week."

Here is my vent for this week, because when it rains...it pours.

-About $2,000 was stolen from our checking account
-I took Cannon for a walk in his push car, and I put my phone and keys in his trunk....which happened to be full of 2 inches of water(which i didn't know for about 20 minutes into our walk)...which happened to burn the back light out of my phone and do water damage- so now I cant see who is calling me
-Cannon was diagnosed with his 3rd sinus infection since birth. He keeps me up coughing all night.
-I gave Cannon a lolly pop to help him with his mucus in his throat. I looked down and I saw him just holding the stick. I immediately stuck my fingers in his throat to fish out the lolly pop head. He screamed and bit me soooo hard. I looked in his hand and he was actually holding the lolly pop upside down- so the sucker part was in his hand. I did all of that for nothing.
-Michael Johns was voted off of American Idol. Sure he wasn't the best, but he has the cutest personality and was fun to watch (why not lose Carly or Kristy Lee??)
-Brian and I bought tickets to go to the Jimmy Eat World concert a few months ago. It was $50 and we were soooo excited to go. Well, we wake up the morning of the concert- and could not find our tickets ANYWHERE. So that was a $50 date down the drain.

I can honestly say, I thought twice before everything happened- but I just pushed my thoughts aside. To my surprise, they all happened the way that they played out in my head.

So the lessons that Ive learned this week.
1. Don't brag about life being so amazing, you will get a reality check
2. Actually vote for your favorites on American Idol, don't assume they are safe- lol
3. Find your tickets a few days before a concert approaches, not the morning of.
4. Look before you put your keys and cell phone anywhere....you never know
5. Don't let people steal money from your bank account, its a pain in the butt to get back
6. Don't give your baby re-fried beans, it makes for the messiest diapers on earth (not part of my vent, but it is very good to know. I am still gagging)
7. Listen to yourself and follow your instincts, it will save you a lot of time and grief

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Poor Lauren! Im sorry about your rough week! Hate those! I too was very upset by the whole Michael Johns thing. Christy Lee is lame...I want to look like her, but she is lame! I never vote either, but I will slit my wrists if David Cook gets kicked off! Sorry about your phone, mine too is a piece of poo. Sorry about the concert...hate those moments, mostly I am just sorry!
On a lighter note, are you going to the game on Saturday? I would love to see you!

Jess Perry said...

You are so funny!! I totally agree with you about the lessons you've learned, especially the last one. I have learned as a mom you really just have to go by instinct and do what you know you should do.

Diane said...

For the last week I was thinking about how a sucker can come off the stick. Take for instance a Sees sucker it happens everytime i have one. I wanted to mention this to you and then I thought I am being to paranoid. Of course I always think back to my younger brothers bad choking experience when he was three. I can still see my dad holding him upside down to dislodge the forbidden jawbreaker he found and swallowed. Anyway Cannon likes to keep you on your toes. I am glad you did a life is good post because it shows you are grateful. It is always better to focus on the good then the bad.
mom

Erin said...

Okay, the lesson about refried beans is so funny. And so randomly placed in your post! What a week you had! The days I pray to be a good mother are usually the worst, because, you know, the kids are teaching me to be patient. I've stopped praying to be a good mother.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

He he i will note everything you said and take your advice. I can't believe you lost those tickets... would have been an awesome concert.

Diana said...

Oh man, Lauren I am so sorry. Dang. Hate that. I really feel bad for you guys. BTW_ I want to call you but I lost your cell number, can you call me? THx, D