Friday, April 25, 2008

Because I have had such good luck lately....

NOT!

Here is a quick post to show my fun day yesterday. I was roasting some chicken for Brian, and getting a bath ready for Cannon (which just so happens to be 2 things that don't mix well- it just equals disaster). I had just gotten the big boy naked, and I remembered that I had to turn the chicken over. I went to grab Cannon before he would try to climb into the tub himself, and he went pee ALL OVER our bathroom. So I grabbed a towel and started to clean, while Mr. Naked fussed because he wanted to take a bath. I brought Mr. Naked with me into the kitchen so that I could turn the chicken over. I was trying to keep him as far away from the oven as possible, because he likes to get into everything. I opened the oven and pulled out the dish with chicken. Next thing I knew, the glass shattered in my hands and went EVERYWHERE! I freaked! It was loud, and hot, and it hit the floor shooting glass all over. I picked up Mr. Naked and turned off the oven and brought him to the tub. I knew that there was no way I could clean it up right that second, because of the naked boy. So he got a bath and dressed. I put him in his highchair with mini-marshmallows and attempted to clean the mess. The floor has scratches in it, and I had to pull countless shards of glass out of my foot. I got a long scratch down my leg when from when the glass originally shattered. I also have a nice 3-4 inch burn from glass that hit my hand when I pulled it out. I am still not sure how the glass shattered. I didn't drop it or put it in water. I simply just took it out of the oven.

ps- the pic of the burn is not that good. The burn looks A LOT worse then the pic shows. Its all purple and swollen, and it was as red as my curtains yesterday....

14 comments:

Kimberly said...

oh geez! Have you used that dish before in the oven? I know there are ones that aren't oven safe. And here you were trying to make a nice meal!

Kacey said...

Oh my! That is so strange Lauren. Maybe the glass or chicken juices got too hot? My Mom had a similar thing happen to her years ago when she took a chicken or turkey (can't remember which) out of the oven and it exploded and burned one side of her face so we had to take her to the hospital.
Crazy...and of course Cannon pee'd all over the bathroom...lol. Dallin does everytime I take his diaper off to get in the bath. I just expect it now. :-) Sounds like you handled it all like a pro though...taking care of Cannon and then going back and cleaning the mess! Good think'n!

barbaraence said...

CRAZY! What was that dish thinking?

A said...

oh crap! that really sucks lauren. why did the glass break... that is scary! i hope it gets better soon!!

Joshua Jr. and Kaysen Cianna Knight said...

Oh my...Lauren I dont know what to say about this one, but at least you kept Mr. Naked safe and sound. I give you the "Safe Mommy Award" for that one. Im sorry about your new floor.

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! How weird! I'm impressed you still bathed Cannon and cleaned up the mess. I thinke I would have left the mess and gone to bed with the covers pulled over my head and called it a night!

Ben and Jenn said...

No fun! Glass shatters the worst when it hits a hard floor surface. I know all about glass breaking in the past few days as well. I broke one of my vases and it shattered all over. It slipped out of my hands and hit the carpet. It would have been worse if it fell on the wood floor!

amy said...

Scary! I don't know what I would have done. Freaked out, that is for sure! Glad you are OK and try to not let that happen again!

Savanna said...

Oh man I am sorry you had a tuff day. I hate days like that, and I feel like they happen way too often, and glass is the worse to clean up! What is up with little boys always peeing. This is a whole new world to me, because little girls just don't do that. :)

MEG said...

SHEESH WHAT A MESS!! I'm sorry you got a blank invite to the shower - lol, WTF?! It would have been so fun to see you! I'm due this week and then off of work for 6 weeks so we'll have to catch up!

The Larsen's said...

Oh I'm so sorry about that...Women do so much, its a wonder they don't go bald by 25. I hope you feel better soon sweety!

Mandy said...

I am so sorry! Yikes! I want to know what the crap happened to the chicken! (yes I am a fat girl!) I cant believe that happened! I am also sorry for the pee incident! Addi holds it durring the tub so she can pee in her crib all over her fresh sheets! Again...sorry, remember that the sun will come out tomorrow!

Jen said...

Wow, what a crazy thing to happen! You handled it like a pro though. Hope your injuries are healing up!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Yikes! What were you making (remember, I'm the prego girl). One time I was making a huge thing of enchilladas and I heard the huge boom so I went to the kitchen and the glass just totally was shattered in the oven. I was so mad because the second after that happened our company arrived. Papa Johns got some good business that night!