Even though this is a sad post, I am going to try to sound upbeat! Cannon is now fighting his 3rd bought with croup. He was in the process of recovering from his last sinus infection (from his last fight with croup) when, SURPRISE, he developed croup and ANOTHER sinus infection. Last night was the hardest night with him in a long time. He was crying sooo hard and coughing, he was actually trembling in my arms for most of the night. Poor guy. The Dr's are confident that we will get him better this week. They said that once you are exposed to croup 1 time, you are more susceptible to getting it various times in a cold season. Croup is when your throat almost swells completely up, and you develop a violent and painful cough. The sinus infection is a bacterial infection that causes you to have a lot of drainage into your throat and through your nose. So if you have a swollen and tender throat, and tons of drainage, it makes for a miserable experience. He only slept a total of 6 hours in the past 24 hours (he usually is around 14 hours between naps and bed time). So he is making up for it today with 2/ 2+hour naps already. He might sneak in a mini-nap before we have his 1 year pics later tonight. Poor guy is soooo sick and has a nice bruise! What a good day to get professional pics done, lol. I booked this appointment with Brittany G months ago, and the weather is supposed to be perfect today. She is way to booked up for me to attempt to reschedule. Hopefully these naps will get him rested enough, and hopefully his antibiotics kick in soon!
Hopefully I will have some fun pics to post later this week, and better news!
8 comments:
Poor little man!! I am so sorry to hear that he has croup again. I hope that he gets some good rest in so his pictures go well.
Poor little Cannon! And poor little Lauren! =) On a happier note, I can't wait to see his pics!
I am so sorry! He really looked so sick today!! Keep him in and just get the little guy better this time around!
Sick kids are the worst! He is such a fighter though I am sure he will snap out of it for pictures. I cant wait to see his adorable little face some more! I hope you BOTH get some good rest soon!
There is nothing worse than sick kids! I think this year has been especially bad. Hopefully, as summer rolls around (if it ever does!!) he'll feel better, (and mom can get some sleep :))
Aw, poor Cannon. I'm so sorry he has croup again, that has to be hard! On another note- I can't wait to see his 1 year pics! I seriously wish I could fly your photographer to Texas- she is amazing. Hope tonight goes better for both of you- Nadia sends hugs and kisses to Cannon :)
Tis the season! Good thing it's almost over!! Sorry about cannon beings sick... bllllaaahh!
i am sorry that you have had a sick little guy. I know how it feels to have sick kids. Hope everything gets better for you!
Post a Comment