Cannon had his very first birthday party on Saturday. All has been crazy since the move. Everyone fought with sickness, location changes, moving, and exhaustion in order to give my son a special day. I can't believe how fast time flies! It seems like it was just yesterday that I could fall asleep with him swaddled in my arms. Now he is running everywhere and opening every drawer and pushing every button in the house. We have even baby proofed this house soo good, Brian has a hard time getting into things. Back to the party though....My wonderful parents came up to help us with the move. They have been very helpful to me. Its not easy packing up and moving while planning a birthday party with a crazy 1 year old constantly at my feet. The party was a baseball theme and it was supposed to be at the park (Brian was nervous about having kids with cupcakes in our new house). The weather was almost perfect, but there was a little bit of a chilly wind. We moved it to the house and tried our best to decorate and give Cannon a good little first birthday. We had a really good turn out between family and friends. My mom pretty much prepared all of the food, because the rest of us were sick for a few days before (thanks mom, you're the best!). Cannon had a baseball smasher cake! Yum! It took him a second, but he dove right into that bad boy.
We had a great time sharing in this special day with everyone. We are so thankful to have the best family and the most amazing friends on earth. I am glad that almost everyone was able to make it. Thank you again!
10 comments:
Glad we were able to celebrate with you on Cannon's special day! You did a good job and the food was yummy (i still need the cabbage recipe from your mom). All Ellie is talking about is Cannons party and the cup cakes... of course, however, she still thinks her birthday is every day and walks around saying "happy birthday". It's crazy to think he is one already. My life started to get crazy when he was born and it makes me sick to think i've done nothing this whole year. Wow, how time flys.
Cannon was adorable with his lil baseball shirt on and he sure loved his cake!
Your home is gorgeous and I can't wait to bring ellie out to the park to play this summer!
Sounds like the party was a hit. I love Cannon's little baseball birthday shirt, sooo cute! We do have lots in common. I am addicted to scrapblog too and am SO excited for Breaking Dawn!
Happy Birthday Cannon! I am glad you had help to get you settled into your new home and plan his party. I love that you have the Breaking Dawn countdown on your blog. I am excited for The Host to come out in less than a month!
So much fun! Happy Birthday tomorrow big man! His shirt really was worth every penny! Im so glad that it went well, it snowed all day Sat up here so Im glad you were in a warm place! Cant wait for the April baby birthday bash!
Happy Birthday to Cannon! How exciting :)
I can't wait to see more pics!!! Have you said good bye to your little baby boy and hello to your official toddler?!?! LOL
Kim
Hey- Glad we were able to come up and play- presley had a ball and Knox has gained confidence in his climbing abilities, thanks to cannon's little chair and his picnic table. Ill call ya later-
happy birthday cannon. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love the first birthday i think it is the best one!!
that was a DARLING party gal. I loved it! Thank you so much for the treat bag for Cohen. He LOVES his bat! We hope you can make it to Cohen's party. Can you send me your address and I can get you the invite?
OH AND MUCHO GRACIAS for referring us to your brother. John and I feel sooooo much better about our plans for this house. YOU ARE THE BEST.
Post a Comment