So Cannon was an absolute terror at Jeanette's bridal shower today! He was whiny, clingy, and tired! He was an hour short on his nap, so I figured he was just exhausted. He took a brief nap in the car on the way home. He was only down for 30 minutes in the car, so I thought maybe I could sneak him into his crib. When I put him in his crib, I noticed 3 more binkies were missing. I am SICK AND TIRED of buying binkies and having them vanish. I came to the conclusion that Cannon was just eating them and they were in his chubby little tummy. Needless to say, he did not fall back asleep for a nap. I was going to solve this missing binkie problem once and for all, so I kept him in his crib and dug around. I searched in the mattress and all around the ground, under the dresser, in the air conditioning vent- you name it. I found nothing. Then I decided to pull the crib slightly away from the wall....and BAM- like 6 binkies hit the floor. The little stinker was storing them on the other side of his bumper between the bumper and the wall. He was switching them out and hiding them in that location (probably because he knew I would just go and buy more for his addiction) lol. So now he currently has 13 binkies in his crib, and he is in pure heaven. Does anyone know the number for binki-holics anonymous?


So when he decided not to nap, I put him in his chair and gave him dinner. It was so hot! I don't know if it was the heat getting to me or just boredom, but I had a stroke of pure genius. Even though it was 5:30 at night, it was still like 90 degrees. I decided to have Bonnie and her cute pup Jovi, and Jessica with her kiddo's over- to play in the sprinklers. I seriously love my neighbors, and its so fun having Trent and Jess a few houses down (Brynlee and Cannon are just now starting to play well together). As you can see from the pics below, the kiddos and pup had a blast! We have this really cool splash park a like 3 blocks down, but it was super crowded today. So we just made our own little splash park and it was a great way to cool off, have fun, and pass time (which is nice to do with a toddler). I actually had fun running through it. Maybe one of these days I will work up the courage to wear a swim suit and play in the water with the kids.








9 comments:
Darling pics. When you were a baby you loved your thumb and blankie. I had to start cutting your blankie smaller and smaller until it finally got stolen from the car. You might have to one day put all of his paci's in a suitcase and have them get lost at the airport. Brynlee looks so darling and little Trent is getting so big.
ps- I didnt notice this until now- but could Cannon be MORE SERIOUS in every picture? I swear he is a happy baby that is always smiling and laughing....I guess he is a little camera shy :)
Great pictures, I love all the binki's!!! Hahahahaha!
i love water days. it's amazinng how kids love sprinklers and hoses.
I wish I lived in a HOUSE! And lived by you so Ellie could play in the sprinklers with cannon and bryn. How fun!!
that paci situation is crazy... I'm glad you found the missing binkies. I'm so glad Cohen isn't addicted. I tried to give him one when we were on our flight to Hawaii to keep his ears popped and he looked at me like, "What do I want this for mom?!" He just wouldn't take it.
I'm jealous that you A. have a grassy area that's yours to send your kid to run around, B. have weather that is decently warm enough to do water play (we have been sitting in fog and 50s with a pretty biting wind chill) and C. that you have great ideas like these to pass the time!
We had so much fun!! Bryn loves having a playmate so close to do fun things with!!
I love the binkie story. So cute. These boys are smart little stinkers. Cute sprinkler pictures too. That's fun for Bryn and him to play!
Post a Comment