Monday, June 23, 2008

Busy week!


So my parents came up to help watch Cannon while Brian and I took a little breather at the Zermatt in Midway. I am so thankful to have parents who constantly put their life on hold to come and play with their grandson.
Brian and I were able to catch a movie this week. (oh, do not waste your time seeing the new Adam Sandler movie- it's lame). It was still nice to get out and have a date, even though I missed Cannon the whole time we were gone. We also took my parents to Lagoon on Friday for Brian's work BBQ. Cannon hadn't been feeling well, so my parents took him home right after the BBQ. Brian and I won a gift card to the Gateway Mall during a raffle (we were 2 tickets off from winning ipods)- but a gift card is great as well. We enjoyed ourselves and had a nice time chatting with his co-workers and their families. We left right from Lagoon and headed to Midway to stay at the Zermatt. We love this little resort. We played tennis, watched movies, caught up on our sleep, ate at the wonderful restaurants there, and went for some walks. Our room was amazing. They upgraded us because we had stayed there before. The room had a kitchen, jacuzzi tub, 2 plasma TV's, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances....the works. It was just gorgeous. (http://zermatt.dolce.com/) The food was also amazing. If you are ever in Heber, Midway or Park City, I recommend at least eating at the resort.

The only bad thing about the week is that Cannon continued to feel horrible. This made me feel bad to dump him on my parents. He had fevers, was hardly sleeping, refused to eat, and would whine all day. He also had all of these blisters form on his tongue and on his gums. His gums were so swollen, you could hardly see any of his teeth. It seriously broke my heart. I called the Dr's almost everyday and they concluded that it must be hand foot and mouth disease. My poor little buddy had been so sick this week. He is doing much better now though (even though his mouth still looks so bad.) His spirits are up, he is eating a bit better, and his fever is finally gone. He also slept pretty good last night. Hopefully the worst of this is over. I just feel bad that my parents had to drive all of the way up to deal with a sick baby. I would have cancelled my reservations, but my dad had already taken off of work- and we had already paid for the room. (click to enlarge and see the blisters)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hand, foot, and mouth is the worst! Baby Paul had something similar to it, all last week, while we were at a family reunion. It is the pits! I'm glad Cannon is feeling better! And that you and Brian had a nice little get away.

Kimberly said...

poor little lovey. give him a kiss for me!

Angie said...

What a bummer!! My kids all had that lovely little illness all at the same time last summer after playing at the park at grandma's house (Now I know to keep hand sanitizer on hand ALWAYS at the park!!!). It is such a bummer, and really disgusting. I'm so glad he's feeling better.

Kacey said...

Poor Cannon. I'm glad he is feeling better and I hope you and Brian had a great time on your getaway! Its sounds like a really nice resort!

A said...

That is so sad. He look so sick but still somehow manages to look so freaking adorable. I can't get over how cute he is!

Diane said...

Cannon is a little love. He was so sick be he was a little trooper. I just ran to Maverick every day and got him strawberry frozen yogurt and that was all he would eat. We were just glad that you and Brian got to have a break. The funny thing is I did not even see the blisters until you took the pics last night. You forgot to mention he learned to feed himself this past weekend. I think his mouth hurt so much he didn't want anybody putting a spoon in his mouth but himself.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Your parents are so good to come and give you a break; it looks way fun! Why are you sticking dirty shoes in Cannon's mouth? That is wierd! JK my nephew had that too, and its not fun.

Jess Perry said...

So sad...what a little trooper. He is still so adorable. I have to agree with Ashlee! You are a trooper too Lauren. Hang in there!

Savanna said...

What a fun getaway. That is too bad that Cannon got so sick, that makes it hard for Moms to be away. I hope he feels better soon.

Jen said...

It sounds like a fun getaway. Poor Cannon, I've heard that hand foot and mouth disease is pretty nasty stuff. I hope he gets better soon!

Jewels said...

Blisters and all, he's still a cute lil fella! :) We miss you guys!! Hugs from Madi to Cannon!

Leslie said...

What a fun getaway! With all the chasing around after a one-year old you do, I'm sure it was well deserved. Glad to hear that Cannon is feeling better. I hope he's 100% soon!

barbaraence said...

Oh, what a great getaway!! Don't you wish kids wouldn't get sick? I always dread it when Laura starts to get sick...

Mandy said...

I had to comment on this because Addi had the same thing a few weeks ago! So miserable! Sounds exactly the same, horrible fevers, horrible blisters, swollen gums, a complete disaster, our doc said it was the herpies virus....I know, I started crying so hard. I guess this means they can make out whenever they want!