Monday, June 30, 2008

Bleeding Love

I am posting this video for Brian because he misses Cannon a ton! He is on a "business trip" to Florida while we are home in Utah. I say its a "business trip" loosely because they are having a total blast back there. They have nice rooms in a nice hotel, they have been eating at the Cheesecake Factory, hanging at the beach, and going to movies in their down time. I wish I could go on a business trip like that.

So here is a video of Cannon watching TV, but not just any old show. Cannon really doesn't care for TV. He will watch 10-15 minutes of a Baby Einstein and then get bored. I sometimes have Nick Jr, Disney and VH1 on for background noise. We like the music and Cannon will occasionally glance up at the Backyardigans (when they are singing), Diego (when there is singing) and the Wonder Pets (when they are singing). However, their is one thing that will draw him to the TV and make him go crazy. He is OBSESSED with the music video and song for "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis. Face it, the kid has great taste in music. I think he is in love with Leona. We will be playing in his bedroom, and he will make a mad dash to the living room if he hears her song come on. He just stares at the TV and makes himself comfortable. If he is throwing a fit and that song comes on, he becomes dazed. I have thought about writing Leona Lewis to tell her that her #1 fan is still in diapers.

Brian and I have also noticed that Cannon plays differently with girls than boys. He is more gentle and flirty. He shares. He likes to stare and gets shy. He is the complete opposite with boys. I think we have a future Casanova on our hands. Don't worry mommies of girls...I have already started to train him to be a gentleman : )

ps- the video is one of his more tame times watching the song. I just had to capture some evidence on video. My friend Neta slept over this weekend (because Brian was gone) and she saw it first hand-

11 comments:

The Larsen's said...

That is so funny, Lauren, Cannon is a sweety. Cohen loves Come Together by the Beatles...he listens to that song 4 or 5 times a day...knows how to stop the song and restart it on the cd player, and even turns it up FULL blast and turns and walks away bobbing his head...SO FUNNY i need to record it. But that is funny about Bleeding Love, he's gonna be a lady's man.

Diane said...

I remember even in April he would stop everything to watch that song. He is obssesed with Leona Lewis he knows a pretty women. He also knows talent.

Kacey said...

That is hilarious Lauren!!!

Lauren Perry said...

Thanks babe for posting that! That made my day!
Brian

Jess Perry said...

That is fo funny!! I love your little man. Him and Bryn are such pals...we had fun with him last night!

Ben and Jenn said...

Too funny! I can totally see him running around the corner from another room to watch the video.

Diana said...

Love it. Cannon is too cute! Keep the video's coming...

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

He's already the ladies man! What a cutie... if mine is a girl he can sweep her off her feet.

Erin said...

That's funny. I just realize my 6 year old was wandering around the house singing that song the other day, after we heard it on the radio!

The Larsen's said...

So, yes I am pregnant...9 weeks...ugh so sick but very excited. I totally agree that we need to get together. I would totally come up there but I can't remember how to get to your house..and if you know me and driving anywhere besides the boundaries of my little world, you would know that I would be VERY VERY LOST. So maybe if I got your directions again, I could find it...who knows! But yes Saturdays (mornings especially) are the best for me because John is still sleeping from working the night before and nice to get Cohen out of the house so I don't have to keep him quiet plus no work on Saturdays!!! Woo hoo! So call me, and let me know when you have a saturday available to play!

A said...

what a cute lil guy!