Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Oh Cannon!


Its been a while since I've done a Cannon post (sorry mom)- and I know some people are dying to see pics (again, sorry to my parents), but he is just a little too overly active right now. I kid you not, I am just exhausted all day, every day. People ask when I will have kid #2, well- I still need to catch my breath from kid #1! With all of the chasing around that I do, I am honestly surprised that I am not back to my pre-wedding weight.

Cannon was going through this darling little phase where he had to open and slam every door, cupboard, drawer- you name it. Our way of getting over that was to baby proof the house. Well, lets just say that didn't last very long. 4 months later, and he is STILL slamming EVERYTHING that he can. He will even check the baby proof doors just to see if they are still baby proof. Then he finds drawers (like the one attached to my stove that holds cookie sheets, and the fridge, and all of our dressers) to open and slam. Not only that, but he now hides things in every corner of our house. I find shoes in the fridge, blankets in the oven drawer, remotes in the bathtub....you name it. I basically play chase and hide and seek all day. He is also Paci-aholic, and he has lost 6 of his favorite binkies in the past 2 weeks. I don't know if there is a Paci Gnome in our house, or if he is eating them, or if they simply just vanish into thin air- but they are completely GONE. I have had to buy 5 binkies in the past week to re-build his collection.

The moral of my post, it is so hard to take pics of a baby who is into everything, because he hardly stops and poses anymore. Here are some pics to show my day- Pic #1- Cannon chasing me Pic#2 Cannon going through the fridge Pic#3 Cannon hiding a binkie in the oven drawer (and pulling things out) Pic#5 Cannon being goofy on my bed and wanting the camera Pic# 6 and 7- being goofy while learning how to feed himself with a spoon

Gosh I LOVE this baby!!!

17 comments:

Savanna said...

Man I am with you 100% on this one. These little guys are VERY exhausting, but so much fun. I love every minute of it. It was so fun to visit with you on Sunday while we chased our busy boys! :)

Kacey said...

lol...love the goofy-with-his-spoon pictures. What a little character! It is so exhausting chasing them around (I AGREE!)...I've actually given up on that at home. I only going running after Dallin now if I hear a scream. Which happens about every 5 min. so I guess much hasn't changed. (Seems like he is always falling and getting bumps & bruises.) The little dare devil!
Last night was so fun to get together and get a break from the kids...we definitely need to do that more often! :-D

Diane said...

Thanks for posting the pics. He really is quit the character. I am still chuckling from the pics. I am so impressed that he is feeding himself with a spoon. When you were little you used to climb on the kitchen counter and throw out various items including a Henckles knife. I can see he keeps you busy during the day.

Leslie said...

Cute Cannon... Lauren, he looks so much older than the last time I saw him! I hasn't been that long! He is so cute.

Katie C Kirkham said...

Ok I laughed hysterically through most of that post. He is such a cute kid and he keeps you busy busy! We miss you! Love you lots and lots and lots!

Crystal said...

i really know how you feel. at 10 oclock i am off to bed and my husband cant figure out why. Boys run me ragged. I cant wait until my house is done with a fenced in back yard so they can be out there playing in mud and dirt and who know what else little boys play in. Just had a thought. what ever happened to Krystal Chamberlin?

Lori said...

He is so cute!!! I think you are such a great Mom Lauren. He is at such a busy age, hopefully, this too shall pass huh. It was fun to see you on sunday and hopefully, see you on Saturday.

A said...

Oh my I love it! Slamming every door... it doesn't get better either. Ellie still does it... not as bad but still does it, now it's more to tick me off than anything. I love it that he is starting to feed himself. I can't believe how big he is getting. He totally looks like a toddler now!

Boydston Family said...

he is getting so big. What a cutie!!! i hate to tell you this the running around doesn't stop, they just get older and faster!!! When there are more kids they chase eachother and you can rest!!

Jess Perry said...

He is so busy...but he is so cute!! Bryn was so sad the other day when he left and wan't there to play with her anymore. You are an awesome mommy!!

Kimberly said...

All I can say is I'm very scared! LOL Anthony already has me running around! And he's not even walking yet! AHHHH

Jen said...

What a busy boy!! My two boys definitely keep me on my toes, so I can sympathize. It was fun to see you on Sunday, I felt bad that we weren't able to stick around longer so we could talk more.

Erin said...

Oh I hate finding hidden sippy cups of milk! Or worse, having Isaac find them and start drinking it!

Jim Monaghan said...

Lauren -

Our youngest is now 7. He started just like Cannon, and still hasn't stopped!

If we'd had him first, we often joke that we might have stopped.

And we're big fans of the "spoon" pictures, too!

Jim & Lauren Monaghan

Crystal said...

I was wondering if you would want to fix my blog for me. I dont even know where to begin and you do such a good job. Let me know what you think!

Crystal said...

I was wondering if you would want to fix my blog for me. I dont even know where to begin and you do such a good job. Let me know what you think!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Look at those teeth !! He is changing so much !