
(McSteamy and McDreamy---- me McLikey!!)
First off, let me say that I love my husband very much. Second off, let me say that he approves of this post and actually had a few laughs at my expense. Third off, how come attractive men are allowed to practice medicine???
Hollywood tends to glamorize life. Everyone is attractive and everyone has an amazing life. You would never expect to walk into a hospital looking like a million bucks, so why should your Dr's be any different. When I think of real-life Dr's, I think of older men with gray hair and glasses and a bit of a weight problem- not the men in the above pic.....or so I thought.
Which brings me to the reason for my post. I woke up and took care of Cannon. I hardly had the chance to get ready for my dentist appointment (I am at least thankful that I brushed my teeth before hand!). I dropped of Cannon with Jess and headed to the Dentists Office. Who looks cute to go to the dentist? Not me, that's for sure. You are usually getting your gums stabbed with a sharp metal thing and that makes your eyes water (great for mascara) and your gums bleed. They also shove all of these sucky and squirty tools into your mouth that either completely dry your mouth out or make you drool out of the side of your mouth. They also have a BRIGHT spot light on you that can see all of your pores, acne, facial hair (yes, pregnancy gave me some peach fuzz facial hair- gross), and everything up your nose. It is not an attractive look on most people. So notice my surprise when I go to my dentist looking like a sack of potatoes and my NEW/YOUNG/ATTRACTIVE dentist came to greet me. I wanted to cry. Its not that he was that good-looking (because he REALLY WAS) but I knew I was going to feel soo self conscious for the next hour. To my even bigger surprise- he did not have a hygienist on hand to clean my teeth- so he had to do all of the work. That was really fun
....which leads me to mention that my OBGYN was extremely attractive as well. Why oh why would they allow these attractive men to practice medicine. Especially Dentists and OBGYN's. It's not like you go to an OB for a simple cold or check up. You literally go for a "check-up" (the miserable kind). If you are pregnant you also tend to be emotional, fat, tired, cranky and SUPER self-conscious.....
....which leads me to ask WHY OH WHY DO THEY ALLOW ATTRACTIVE ME TO PRACTICE MEDICINE?????
13 comments:
first, I would quickly find a new doctor if my OB was good looking. Those guys should be short fat and OLD!!!Luckily I haven't had this problem, yet. And secondly, I never realized that dentists/hygienists can see that many faults in your face with those spotlights...guess I'll be taking note for my next appointment.
hahha you are too funny!
Well, I've actually got the biggest crush on my new dentist ;) I find him extremely attractive, and we have quite a bit to talk about while I'm in that chair.
I didn't ever think about seeing all of that stuff with that annoying light.....now I'm pretty embarassed! Ack!
The best part about my new dentist is that I have an appointment with him next week too! You can't beat seeing your hubby in the middle of the day!
I guess I'm lucky that I have never ever had an attractive doctor. I prefer Grandpa doctors who are just sweet and OLD!
That little cooking class is just at our rec center. It's so much fun. It's for 2 and up so I only signed up Annabelle, but I wish I would've signed up Pauly, because he loves it too! The nice thing about rec center classes is that they're not sticklers for age.
How funny! Is he single? :)
haha amen lauren! when i got my tonsils and wisdom teeth out my doctor was hot and i tried hitting on him cause i was so drugged and so self conscious that he was hot i felt like i had to do something about it!
While in the hospital for my first knee operation, a nurse came in during the middle of the night to give me my medication. She was, without a doubt, the prettiest girl I had ever seen in my life.
I was so delerious from the pain and the drugs, that I wasn't even able to mumble hello, let alone strike up a conversation.
To this day, I have often wondered if she actually existed or was the product of hallucinations.
I loved this post! It's so true! I hate that! The only time I went to an attractive doctor he just talked about himself the whole time and at the end, I saw my chart and (he was an OBGYN) and he put that I had an ACNE problem!! What the crap! What does that have to do with obgyn??? anyway, too funny- you always have amusing posts! I love reading them!
Hmmm, this makes me think. I guess I avoid the whole problem by only allowing WOMEN to look at my junk!
That was HILARIOUS! My dentist is Attractive too. Ask my mother n law she BIT him last week because she couldn't here what he was saying so he kept saying OPEN OPEN OPEN and she kept biting HARDER and Harder! Funny huh.
We sure missed you at Bear Lake. I was hoping you would come :(
My husband will soon be one of those... he he jk. Good post Lauren... sucks that the doc had to see you all drooley and bloody!
Okay, you are too funny! My obgyn is old bald and very safe. Unfortunately he just retired!!! I will NOT be going to yours, that is for darn sure :D
Oh my gosh Lauren! I haven't been "blogging" for a while so I just read this one. You are SO funny! Fortunately my dentist is a total dork and he's known me since I was a total dork. And my ob/gyn is a scary old man. I guess I don't have to worry about dressing up to go in... but hey, at least you have something cute to look at while you're getting stabbed and scraped, right?
Post a Comment