So I have noticed that I have quite a few "lurkers" on my blog. My blog hits are still pretty high, but people are ignoring the comment section. Hmmmmm. Maybe its because my material is getting a little old. I guess you could really only do SOO MANY posts about Cannon or Twilight before my readers have decided to give up on commenting. That's fine, I can deal with it :) I will shake things up a bit. This post is going to be ALL ABOUT ME! That's right. I can be interesting and fun....and comment worthy...maybe.....
So here are some interesting facts about yours truly, try not to judge. (non-Cannon & non-Twilight facts)
- I like crushed ice in my chocolate milk
- I will eat sushi anytime...anywhere. When I was preggo with Cannon, I couldn't even last 9 months without it. In fact, we ate it quite regularly. I am surprised that I did not give birth to a baby tuna.
- I have a crush on....The Jonas Brothers....GASP! NO! NEVER! Why oh why did I just admit that? I am a 25-year-old cougar!
- I sometimes wish I was an assassin/spy- I would have the perfect cover up! Nobody would suspect a Mormon mother/house-wife to hunt bad guys. I also wish that I was a movie star.
- I am obsessed with cooking. I wish I could spend $1000/ month on groceries so that I can expand my pallet and try elegant meals every night.....
- I make sure that every door is closed (bedroom, closet, bathroom, laundry room) every window is locked, and that there is nobody hiding in my house at night. I will even check a few times a night to make sure.
- I bite or pick my nails. Its an old habit because of softball. I was a catcher and it was too hard to have long nails or toe-nails, so I like them super short.
- I love to fold down pages in the Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel catalogues- as well as load up baskets for online shopping- but I never buy. Its just me dreaming.
- I am a list freak. I write down EVERYTHING.
- I am kind of scared to have more kids. I know I have more kids up there waiting for me, but I am too consumed with my only child. I put so much energy and time into him, I feel it will be complete chaos when I have more. (Don't worry mom, I WILL have more- just give me some time)
- I am actually pretty funny. I don't think that very many people know that about me. Probably only my closest friends and Brian. I am still shy around people because I am not sure how they would like "funny Lauren." I post comments on popular "caption this" websites all of the time- and I seriously win a few captions a week. THOUSANDS of people post on those blogs, and my little squirky remarks always take the cake.
- I am overly emotional and sensitive. I am first to admit it. I will not watch a movie or show if an animal is being killed or injured- but I am fine sitting through war movies where everyone dies.
- I have more sports knowledge that a 50-year man old who sits at a sports bar all day. I have quite the memory when it comes to players, statistics, colleges they attended, previous teams they've played for, who they are currently dating....I am basically a walking/talking version of ESPN.
- I can carry on a full conversation in my sleep and not remember a thing.
- I hate surprises, I could find out what EVERY gift is before I receive it (and unwrap it and try it on for that matter).
- I LOVED my pregnancy! Sometimes I wish I could put him back in there for a few days here and there- because it was just so much fun. My labor on the other hand could probably have killed most women.....
- I think too much, talk too much and I always have random comments in my head. Brian and I will be talking about something like the weather, and within minutes I could tie the conversation to almost anything. I hate silence.
- My favorite movies are Newsies, Pride and Prejudice, Anchorman, Kung Fu Hustle, and anything with Christian Bale.
- I LOVE 80's music, some country music, Celine Dion and Josh Groban.
That's it for now! If I can think of more, I will add it. I hope you all have learned a little bit more about me and still choose to be my friends!
16 comments:
Wohoo for Lauren. I finally made it to your blog. Since you went private my Google reader doesn't catch your updates. It is nice to hear about you and I agree you are funny and fun to be around.
Thanks for all the baby tips. I am excited to give them a go :)
You are too cute. This was a fun post. It's fun to learn new things about you. I am a MAJOR Pride and Prejudice fan too, great love story. Cannon is lucky to have such a good Mommy!
Pride and Prejudice! Please I hate that movie, why don't you like We Were Soldiers, Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan, and all the movies I like?! Ku Fu Hustle is awesome though. That was fun to read Lauren, thanks!
Brian
We should rock out to some 80's music some time! Do you know I did the father/daughter dance with my dad at my wedding to "safety dance" LOL It was awesome!!!
Kim
Well you can send pics of Cannon to my email anytime and I still love them. I am not surprised you win caption contests since you were a communications major in college I am glad to see you are putting your degree to good use (j.k.) but you are a creative person. I hate to admit but your locked door phobia is genetic it runs in the family because my grandmother used to do the same thing. I bet you learned that from her when she used to babysit you when you were little. I am amazed how little help you get with Cannon and how you never get burned out taking care of him. You are a great mom.
Are you coming swimming Monday? Sorry I haven't called you back! Life is so busy here! Anyway, I think Jess is coming, it's a bunch or random people from high school and such but you should come, it will be so fun!
WOW! You really know a lot about yourself. I am impressed. I need to tune into myself more. I seriously can't even think of 2 things about me and you have a list! I am boring I guess :) yOu are fun and thats why we are friends. I am planning on wed. what time again? if I don't make it though I think my mom wants to order stuff.
Cute post! It was fun to read those things about yourself. Sometimes it is so easy to just think about your babes because they make our lives so great, but our lives are still pretty cool aside from them too. I am proud of you for putting this all out there. I too love the Newsies and I sing them to Addi to increase her love for the future. "Thats my cigar...."
I am surprised actually that I know you so well, there were only a couple of things that i didn't know about you...We are bored in here in Provo...come on down !
Good list!
Hey, could you send me a recipe--or post it on the website? You made it several years ago for the family Christmas party. It's a bean dip thing--black beans, corn, garbonzos etc. Thanks!
You're so cute Lauren! :) Looks like we have a few things in common...I'm pretty OCD about making sure all the doors are closed and locked too!! Ha ha! Hope you guys are all doing well! We miss your visits!
hi lauren! oh my gosh look at cannon! hes so cute and so big!!!! i love your page! yay for blog friends!
Ehh, I'm feeling poopy! *thumbs down* But it'll be worth it right!! :)
Have you read the host yet? I haven't. But I think I want to. I loved hearing all your facts, I also am a FREAK about the doors, windows, etc. I always think someone is in my house. It is my BIGGEST fear, along with something happening to my kids.
So your funny? Jk. I think your always fun to hang out wiht. Seriously. And I did see your dance videos.
Loved this post Lauren. You are too fun. I am a list person, make sure all doors are locked etc too. I totally agree, let all the people die but DON'T KILL the animals ESPECIALLY the dogs! haha
Well aren't you an interesting person?! How fun to read up on you! You and I have some similar interests! I love Pride and Prejudice, being pregnant, 80's music, and making lists!
Post a Comment