
....but my Cannon's so delightful, because he loves it sooo
let it snow, let it snow, let it snowwwww
The winter is ALWAYS a hard time for kiddo's. My over-active little one hates being cooped up in the house all day. In order to make his winter fun, we have started doing lots of little outings to help break up the long day and cold weather. Now I am not a spendy mom. I do not have the time, patience or money to run errands all day to keep Cannon busy. Instead, we make fun little outings to McDonald's, Chick-fil-A, and Arctic Circle. They have great little play area's, and it is super cheap to drop a few bucks on a happy meal or ice cream (I only do this 1-2 days a week). Other fun activities include trips to the mall to play in the kids area. Cannon LOVES this. He loves to chase the kids, and its nice to walk him around the mall afterwards and ride the carousel. We also have finger painting, chalk, train tracks, and his trike set up in the basement. Another fun activity we have enjoyed is going to our local library. They have Love Sac's, stuffed animals and tons of books! They also do a story time. Cannons FAVORITE activity to do in the snow is the hardest. He loves to play in it. I talked to my pediatrician who said that if he is bundled properly, there is no reason why I shouldn't let Cannon explore the cold tundra's of our yard. Well thanks to great grandma Watson, Cannon has a darling little snow suit. We bundle him extra warm with lots of layers, gloves, jackets, rain boots, double socks, and a fleece beanie. We've had a blast outside in the snow! We were throwing snowballs at the garage door, and then again at daddy when he got home from work :) After playing in the cold, we venture inside for warm cocoa, dinner, and a nice bath. Then once we get ready for bed, we turn down the lights and put on Cars, Nemo or Wall-E and eat 100 calorie popcorn baggies and snuggle under the blanket!
What a fun little winter this has turned out to be!
I am going to sign Cannon up for a toddler music class next month and then a mommy and me swimming class come February! My job as a stay at home mom is to try to keep my child happy and busy, especially during the cold months of winter :)
If anyone has more fun winter tips, let me know! We plan on seeing the lights at Temple Square and Thanksgiving Point too. We are always up for more fun!





4 comments:
Cannon is so cute! Such a little man now. Look at him on the couch chillin with his daddy... too cute!
I am curious what Cannon thought about Brians beard. It is a nice look. Your dad shaved his beard when you were 3 months and you did not recognize him at first. You were used to the facial hair. It sounds like you and Cannon are keeping busy during the day.
mom
You seem to have winter totally under control! You have great ideas to keep him totally content till we can finally just go outside and play forever!
We too spend time at the mall and the library. Addi also likes the snow, MUCH more than her mother. Who knew I would need a snow suit too!? So I am just going to drop Addi off sometime and her and Cannon can go at it in the snow and I will go find a fireplace and stay warm...deal?
I love cheese faces the most!
You go girl! Sounds like you've got the right ideas to keep him busy. I'll have to take a page out of your book. It is sooooo hard to keep the kids from not killing each other when they are trapped inside all day, and it is too cold to be outside.(it was a whopping 3 degrees here this morning)
Post a Comment