Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bah, Humbug!


Check list-
1. Tree is up and decorated- check (though Cannon takes about 15 ornaments off of the tree a day)

2. Presents are bought and wrapped- check check

3. Cannon has cute Christmas pj's - check! Though he has recently decided that he NEVER needs to sleep again

4. Beautiful snow blankets the earth to make it feel more like Christmas- NEGATIVE! There is hardly any snow. We usually have about a foot of snow this time of year. If we get any snow, it is completely melted by morning.

5. Cannon saw Santa and got a darling picture taken with him- Somewhat of a check. He saw Santa, and then cried the whole time on his lap. I picked him up and he was happy, so I put him back on Santa's lap and he cried again. The picture is cute..... if you like pictures of kids hysterically crying

6. Ward Christmas party- Check! Except Cannon decided to eat the jellybeans on the table for breakfast instead of the wonderfully prepared food from the ward. This resulted in Cannon spitting a mouthful of jellybeans on my face.
7. Spending time with family over the holidays- Not yet :( We saw some of my family in California for Thanksgiving, but we missed the Perry trip to Arizona. We have hardly seen any of Brian's family. Hopefully at the Hansen family Christmas party and on Christmas Eve.
8. Christmas Spirit? Bah- Humbug! Maybe as we get closer to Christmas and the cards start pouring in.

8 comments:

Boydston Family said...

thats a pretty good check list, i can't believe you got all the presents already,i am still working on that one. send me your address so I can send you a christmas card. erb0965@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I know how much you were looking forward to the Arizona trip because you had so much fun the last time went. Maybe you guys will be able to go next time. I think Cannon is so excited about this time of year he has chosen to cut down on his sleeping. Maybe you could pick a family in need and do a secret santa for them and that might lift your spirits. I still have not even done my cards yet and for the first time in 30 years I might just leave them in the box. I do love your darling Christmas card.
mom

amy said...

It still doesn't feel like Christmas to me yet. I feel like I should be planning Ry's Halloween Costume. This year has gone too fast!! Cute family picture. You are looking good girl!!

byronandniki said...

You are ready! But yes, I have not caught the Christmas spirit yet either. We should go see the lights at temple square and then maybe, just maybe we might catch it...

The Larsen's said...

you are so cute Lauren. Don't worry, snow is on the way. WE need to get these boys together to play! I have time off during the holidays if you are going to be in town?

A said...

I want to see the pic of Cannon crying on Santa's lap! Your fam pic is super cute!

Jess Perry said...

Cute blog and I agree with you that it is hard to grasp the Christmas spirit. We definately need snow and I think the big problem is it came way too fast!

Kacey said...

Hopefully this big snowstorm tomorrow will help it feel a bit more like Christmas?
Oh and I love your hair in your new family picture up top! Your blog pages always look so cute.