
I know what you are all thinking, "Lauren- not another post on what a handful Cannon is!!!" Well, I don't think you guys quite grasp the concept of my MOD (Master of Disaster). If there is a way for him to get hurt, he will do it. He knows how to open and operate our dishwasher, washing machine, drier, bath tub and the BBQ. You literally cannot take your eyes off of him. He operates so fast too! Its not enough to keep doors to the rooms closed, because he is working on opening them. He get's quite the rush when I tell him "No!". He LOVES challenges and loves the adrenaline that he gets from discipline. For those of you who sit back and think that I exaggerate, I promise you that my posts are more of an understatement of his craftiness.
Take last night for example. We went over to our friends house for dinner. They have 2 kiddo's and a very beautiful/yet baby proofed house. Cannon is quite the pro with stairs. Lets just say I was sitting half way up the stairs with Natalie while the kids were in the playroom upstairs. I was sitting there to be cautious. I looked at Natalie and started to talk to her. Next thing you know I hear "Thud Thud...wahhhhh" I turned around and threw my arm back JUST IN TIME, to catch Cannon falling backwards down her stairs. It seems as though he was trying to go down and he did good the first few steps, but lost balance around stair 3 or 4. He then started to roll backwards down 2 stairs and was in MID-AIR BACKWARDS when I CAUGHT HIM WITH 1 ARM. Literally rolled and was in mid-air backwards. He was not hurt. He didn't even cry. But if I was not sitting there half way up the stairs, he would have fallen down backwards about 15 more steps onto the tile floor. He was playing in the playroom. I didnt even hear him sneak over to the stairs, and I was sitting right on them!!! AHhhhhh, this kid is going to give me a nervous break down! Now you see why I am not ready for baby #2 right now. My hands are seriously SOOOO FULL with my baby #1. I am at least to the point now where I can predict 90% of his actions before he can do it.

5 comments:
I am glad your softball catching skills are coming in handy. I remember you were quit the climber at 18 months and at 2 1/2 years you unlocked the front door and walked away (too long a story to go into details but you know it).
Now you just have to teach him to load the dishwasher.
mom
Enjoy this phase...you'll want it back someday! Hope all is well!
Ooooh! Look at that handsome boy! We need to get together or something sometime and go to lunch!! Give Cannon a kiss from Madi!!
it's hard to be mad at a face like that
I understand completely.
Post a Comment