After having many bad dreams about lawn ornaments and crazy Gnomes (if you wonder why, see my previous post from yesterday), its a bummer to wake up and have to pack. Today is my last day in WARM and SUNNY California :( Cannon has enjoyed this weather so much! We have been going to the park daily, go out to fun restaurants, & playing in the backyard. Its kinda hard to leave my little vacation to come home to a small apartment that I have to pack and move out of in the next week. Here is some quick highlights and pics from our fun little trip.
(Cannon has a new hobby of opening and slamming every door and drawer in the house, about 100 x's each. He doesn't care if you tell him no or pull him away. It only makes it more of a challenge to him.)
-We flew in Friday. We went to my sisters house on Saturday to stay the night. We had the most amazing rib dinner and cake on earth. I have the secret recipe for my sisters ribs, maybe I will be nice enough to share on the recipe blog one of these days :) It was so much fun to stay with family and see my cute niece and nephew.
-We flew in Friday. We went to my sisters house on Saturday to stay the night. We had the most amazing rib dinner and cake on earth. I have the secret recipe for my sisters ribs, maybe I will be nice enough to share on the recipe blog one of these days :) It was so much fun to stay with family and see my cute niece and nephew.

(pic 1- with cousins Emme and Nixon, pic 2- the BEST TOY EVER! (inside joke)-Sunday we went shopping and to dinner for my moms 50th birthday. We met up with my brother and sister in law, and their ADORABLE son Logan (he is my only brown-eyed nephew). Maureen and Jim also joined us for the occasion. Dinner was a blast. The kids were great! They even got to go on the Merry-Go-Round after. Cannon enjoyed the first few times around, but then he was quickly bored. haha.
-Tuesday we went to dinner at this amazing restaurant called the Ranch House for my 25th birthday. We met my grandparents Larry and Gail there. Its a cute little hideaway in Ojai. The restaurant had the most amazing surroundings. You eat outside on their patios. The patios were covered with greenery and hanging white lights. The ground had bamboo, ponds, waterfalls, old statues, an herb garden, hidden tables and benches. Here are some pics. I recommend eating there if you haven't. It is really small and intimate, and some of the best food that Ive ever had. Gail and Larry bought me the recipe book from there, I am in HEAVEN!
(My family at the Ranch House, minus my cute husband Brian. He was working extra hard in Utah all week)
(one of the many cool walkways at the Ranch House, this place was so beautiful, pictures don't do it justice)
(Cannon with my mom at the Ranch House, he was AMAZING- we were nervous bringing him because it was a 5-star returant)
Cannon has been a trooper all week. I am so lucky that I have been able to travel with him as much as I have. He has been on 15 flights now, and he is a seasoned pro. He has yet to cry on a flight . He usually sleeps for an hour or so, and just plays and chats the rest. I have been so fortunate. I have also been blessed to have such supportive and helpful family. I don't think Cannon wants to go home! He has been playing with my mom and dad so much. He even called my mom "da-ma" which I think is grandma. He is just so blessed to have so many people who love him. I think that is part of what has made him such a good little baby.
(with da-ma Watson)Next week is an exciting week for us. We are going to close on our home, pack, and move! I am excited about our new adventure, but nervous about all of the packing and unpacking. Wish us luck! We will need it with an active 11-month old running around :)
(Cannon being held by my mom's friend Carin at lunch- this is his CHEESY smile!)ps- I am still waiting on some pics from my moms birthday dinner with his cousin Logan- hopefully we will get those posted soon!
3 comments:
Oh fun Lauren! I haven't been to California for forever and we used to go 5 plus times a year! I really do miss it. Looks like a killer trip. I had to tell you that I looked on your cooking blog and I made the Hawaiian braized pork recipe that you made for me that one time. It was really good, but I sure didn't do it justice. I will have to try it agian though. Keep posting awesome recipes!
I am jealous and wish I were in that warm weather! Im soooooo ready for the SUN!
Don't be too sad you have to pack... you get to move into a fun new home and then celebrate cute lil cannons' 1st bday!! So many exciting new things to look forward to! I miss him. He is so cute.
Glad you had a great time in California. And that you had a great birthday! Good luck with all of your packing. How exciting that you are closing and getting into your own home.
Post a Comment