Saturday, March 15, 2008

Mother Nature at it's finest....

So yesterday I was chasing Cannon around taking cute pics of him in sunglasses. He was having so much fun! I got a lot of really good pictures of him too! We went outside to greet daddy on his way home from work. We thought that dad would get a HUGE crack up of these little aviator sunglasses.

While we were standing outside, I noticed darling little feathers floating everywhere. I figured that it was a nest of baby birds starting to shed some of their feathers to grow new ones. It almost seemed magical. I looked up at our roof, expecting to see a darling little nest of birds for spring. To my surprise, I got quick reality check. On my roof was a rather LARGE Peregrine Falcon mauling a bird. I realized that the feathers floating all around was not a serene site, but more of the aftermath of a vicious attack. I felt sick to my stomach. I can't believe I witnessed a murder, let alone it took place on the roof of my apartment! I feel bad for the next couple that rents my apartment, because there is a partially eaten bird on the roof still.

7 comments:

TC Jolley said...

First of all, Cannon is SO CUTE! And secondly... EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

TC Jolley said...

First of all, Cannon is SO CUTE! And secondly... EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Katie C Kirkham said...

I just decided today that you cannot move! You have been such a good friend and I am sad to see you move away. Jake and I want to come visit you and the other Perrys as often as we can before we move to GA. See you tonight for the moving!

Love Katie

Leslie said...

ewwww... I don't even know what to think of that! Luckily you didn't have to explain that one to Cannon! :) (who, by the way, is DARLING with those sunglasses on!)

Kacey said...

Funny but sick! I'm sure that was not a lovely sight to behold!

Hope your move goes well this week!! We're so excited to have you and Brian & Cannon closer! :-)

Jess Perry said...

I don't even know what I would do. That is such a sad thing to have witnesses...especially for such an animal lover! Just be glad Cannon wasn't older and you had to explain what was happening!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Lauren, those sunglasses are so adorable on Cannon. And the bird... how sad. I never liked watching discovery channel shows like that, sorry you had to see it in real life :( Just wanted to drop in and say Hi. Good luck with moving!