Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mommy Tag (I am a sucker for tags!)


1. Typically what time do you wake up? Cannon has me awake between 6:30 and 7 am.
2. On a good night what time are your kids in bed? He goes to bed around 7:30-8 pm (without crying! I love sleep training)
3. How long have you been a mommy? 11 months
4. How old were you when you became a mommy? 24
5. What is your favorite kids tv show? I like Little Einsteins and the Backyardagins. I will let Cannon watch The Wiggles, but only because I have the hots for the blue one (Anthony)
6. What is your least favorite kids tv show? Pretty much everything else. Brian doesn't like Cannon watching kids shows. He wants him to watch football, baseball and SportsCenter
7. What is your favorite chore? who says I have a favorite chore? Is eating a chore? I will say cooking....
8. What is your favorite meal to cook? I love cooking pretty much everything.
9. What is the meal you cook most often? Brian is obsessed with Pork and Pea pasta :) I make that quite a bit.
10. What is your kids favorite meal? Cannon loves yogurt, Progresso soup, and Mac and Cheese!
11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids? I love it when Brian and Cannon snuggle together.....its precious


12. What are 5 things that make you smile when you're being a mom?
1. I love when Cannon is sooo happy to see me. 2. When he studies his toys and books, and just looks like he is putting a lot of thought into everything. 3. When he says mama and dada 4. When he is sleeping, he is such a cute little sleeper 5. When he gives BIG open mouth kisses.
13. If you could take your kids anywhere where would it be? I don't care, as long as he is with me- its paradise (so cheesy, but its true) (don't get me wrong, I love the occasional dates without him-lol)
14. When was the last time you went out without your kids? 6 weeks ago, I don't even remember what we did.
15. What is your favorite past time/activity to do with your kids? I love taking him swimming or to the park. I just love seeing the enjoyment in his face.
16. Name 1 thing you said you'd never do as a mom: feed my kid "convenient foods" sometimes its all he will eat though....
17. Name 1 thing you do that your own mom did: Worry :) Just joking mom. There are tons of things. I would probably say butterfly kisses.
18. What is your favorite quality that your mom has? She is a giver. She is always giving and is very selfless about it. I hope that I can always give everything to my kids.
19. What is your favorite kids book? Where the Sidewalk Ends...
20. What is your advice for new moms? Be prepared for little sleep, if you cant breastfeed- its not the end of the world, play groups and hanging out with mommies is a must. Its hard to talk to just a baby all day- lol.
21. What is the scariest or most heartbreaking moment as a mom? When Cannon was just days old and he would not stop crying. I took him to the ER at 3 am. Turns out it was just bad gas. They had to draw his blood and give him an IV though, I was terrified.
22. What is your most joyful moment of being a mom? just seeing Cannon grow and develop. He is so happy and smart, you can really tell you are doing a good job.
23. When was the last time you were told 'I Love You' by one of your kids? his eyes let me know that he loves me, and again- those open mouth kisses show it.
24. When was the last time you told one of your kids 'I Love You'? About every 15 seconds!

3 comments:

Jess Perry said...

Okay. You are such a cute mommy! And Bryn's favorite foods are yogurt, soup and Mac n' cheese too. That will be easy on our playdates for lunch because they will eat the same thing!

TC Jolley said...

You are such a great mommy!

Mandy said...

Such a fun blog! I love learning new things about how other moms do stuff. You and Cannon are simply adorable! Love it all!