Thursday, December 27, 2007

Crazy Christmas

You will have to excuse this post! I feel as if it is a giant run-on sentence, but you have to understand our past week and a half. We have literally been going non-stop! If I took the time to make this post sound cute and detailed, it would probably take me too much time to write and you too much time to read!

I just want to start off by thanking Brian's family and my family and friends for the wonderful holiday surprises! It was so great to spend this joyous time with loved ones. Thank you for your generosity, time, and for making my sons first Christmas a great one!

We literally just ran through the door and have been going non-stop all day! We drove to St. George on the 16th of December and headed to California on the 17th. We surprised my parents by showing up 4 hours early! We left St. George at 5 am (to let Cannon sleep most of the drive) and we led my parents to believe that we were leaving at 9:30 am. That was a wonderful surprise. Cannon was almost awake the whole car ride. He did not fuss once! He was such a little trooper. In California, we got to go out for our Anniversary, go on walks, go out to eat a ton, we went to movies, we went to my high school alumni game, we went to my sister and brother in-laws in Laguna Beach on Christmas eve, we opened up presents Christmas morning with my parents, and then we went to my grandparents in Santa Barbara Christmas night. That is not the end of it! THEN we drove home on the 26th (stopping in St. George of course). It took us a lot longer to come back from Ca. We were in the car for 10 hours, and Cannon was very good again. We lucked out with having such a wonderful baby. The car was literally packed from floor to ceiling with presents and suitcases. It was a miserable drive. We were stuck in horrible traffic. Brian and I arrived at St. George at 11 pm and woke up at 7 am to head to Provo. We hit a snowstorm on our way in, so it took us a bit longer to get home. We finally got home at noon. I had a Dr's apt scheduled for Cannon because he has seemed sick these past few days (runny nose, pulling the ears, little cough). The Dr's looked at him and it turns out that Cannon had 4 teeth break through in the past week! His 4 front teeth are all in and working their way down (so I guess Santa went OVERBOARD on my Christmas letter when I asked for Cannons 2 front teeth-lol). Poor guy. Teething and 10 hour car rides is enough to make anyone go insane. Cannon get's Baby of the Year award because he did not complain once :)

Now I am doing laundry, cleaning, playing with my son and packing for another adventure. We are sooo excited to go with the Perry's to Cabo San Lucas bright and early tomorrow.

Here is a slide show from our trip to Ca. Look for MANY more pics when we get back from Mexico!

8 comments:

amy said...

Glad you had a great trip to Cali! Look forward to seeing your pictures when you get back from Cabo. Have a great time!

Jess Perry said...

Glad you had a fun trip. I was gonna call you today, but I figured you were so busy getting ready.

Have so much fun in Cabo and I will call you guys on New Year's and say hello to everyone. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!! Take care of Trent for me!

Jen said...

Sound like you had a great Christmas in California! I love all the cute pictures of Cannon! Enjoy your trip to Cabo--I'm looking out the window at the cold blowing snow and I'm feeling a bit envious. Have fun!!

Kimberly said...

Have fun in cabo!!! Get a tan for me!

A said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! I miss you! Cannon is so adorable!! CAn't wait to hear all about Cabo... love that place!

Anonymous said...

We loved having you guys home for the holidays. Cannon was an absolute dream baby. He is such an easy going little traveler. We had so many family and friends open up their homes to us. Cannon had his first experience with Persian food at the Carlton-Ashraf home and he loved cuddling beautiful Audrey. We had a blast at the Broders Christmas eve bash. Santa Barbara was beautiful as always with good food and company. Dad and I were saying last night the highlight of the week was seeing Cannon in his little red car. This little boy just jumped for joy whenever he was in it. Have a fantastic trip in Cabo.

Mandy said...

Your Christmas sounds like so much fun! I love all the pictures of Cannon and I think he told Addi to grow some top teeth to so they would look good together in pictures. I am so excited to see your Cabo pictures and here all about it!

Mike and Stacie said...

Sounds like a crazy fun time! I hope you have a fun vacation in Mexico.