Tuesday, December 11, 2007
What Now?
Okay, I figured that since Lauren's had this thing up and runnig for what seems like years, i guess that I had better say a thing or two so that you all know that I exist, and am not just the ruggly handsome cardboard cut-out my wife has pictures of. So here it goes...I have just finished writing my last essay for college, and it has just hit me that tomorrow will probably be the last day that I grace the halls of UVSC with my presence. It has been a great and long 6 years getting to this point (keep in mind that this is for my BS degree... yep I'm not a doctor after all that time, but I feel I should probably be) and it has been a fun one. I remember way back when in the time when the country wasn't at war and I was freezing my %$@ off in Rexburg. People say that your freshman year is the funnest, and they're right. I did more crazy stuff then than ever since, except for the occasional putting on WWII helmet and dropping gasoline bombs down a mine shaft and driving people to the hospital with all the hair burned off their bodies. (I should probably be dead.) Anyways, Ricks College was great. Then my pursuit of a degree was interrupted by my mission to Portland Oregon. That is an experience that will forever impact my life. Then I experienced the greatest six weeks of my life on a study-abroad in Britain and France. Wow there was a five to one ratio of girls to guys and still I only spooned with a couple girls...I'm a total loser! Lauren will be mad that that time was the funnest time of my life, but she knows that this time with her has been the best, and I didn't hook up with any girls there. Following that I came to UVSC and roomed with Trent. That was great to get to know him better, but it did kind of suck that he got all the women and I was just the nice younger brother that only went on two dates during that time, and one was with Lauren, who obviously is my wife. Then I lived with some great friends Lee, Daren, and Rose until I married Lauren. I think that once you get married you are suppossed to do better in school, but for me, I did the complete opposite. I couldn't focus at all because I always wanted to hang with the wifey. Then came the Cannon Ball! That threw a whole other curve into my lackluster pursuit of graduation. But hey after tomorrow I will be done with degrees in History and Psychology. And now I pose the question asked before... What now? I don't have hardly an idea of what I want to do with the rest fo life. So may question to everyone who reads this is, do you have any ideas (heck I'd take just about any job right now) jk...but really.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
What now? I say we pillow fight! That would be both fun and productive! How's about we go to Ca and then to Cabo as planned, and then you can grill your brain about your future lifes work when we get back :)
I love you!
<3- the wifey
You sound cute Brian! history and Psychology sound like teaching degrees to me! And since both me and my husband are teachers, I try to recruite to the greatest profession all the time. Just think, you may not have all the money in the world, but you still have Chrismas vacation! So worth it! I also enjoyed my first year in the cold tundra of Rexburg! I was there the first year Trent was there. Ask him if he remembers baby sitting our dog for a weekend while we played softball...they did a horrible job, I think the dog had psychological damage (Hey, you could go into that, the psychology of dogs and bad living environments!)
Anyway, cute post.
Brian it was great to hear from you finally!!! I wish I had some idea for you as what to do. I remember wondering the smaething when I finished what now......I had been going to school for 16 yrs with a break each summer now what do you do with you life. I will say one thing it does change....no more freedom you work five days a week no matter what!!!! Good Luck with figuring it out. I believe that something will fall into place for you. Just be a hard worker and you will be blessed. Love ya
Brian. This is an awesome post. I never knew you were such a little writer. You are funny! I don't have any great ideas for you, but I know whatever you do you will be awesome at it. You are a person that everyone loves to be around. You are trustworthy, funny and dependable. Those things will take you so far and you are good at adapting. You seem to just go with the flow. Good luck and just remember, if all else fails, you could be a wonderful tuxedo, lingerie model for men! I have some great photos that agency's would love!!
Ha Ha! I totally remember when stupid Trend tortured our dog!!! Yeah, Rexburg was freezing... that's why I only survived 1 year! Brian, you are funny! Congrats on graduation... and as for a job, there are a lot more opportunities here in Phoenix with Jon and I!
Great Post Brian and Congratulations on graduating! From someone who has NOT graduated college yet I think you are AWESOME for sticking it through to the end! I agree with Lauren...enjoy the next few weeks of vacation. Take time to relax, chill, think, ponder and don't forget to give yourself a big pat on the back for all you've accomplished so far! I actually think its "ok" if you aren't sure what you want to do yet. We'll all be praying along with you to help you decide which path to take!
Hey Brian, glad you could join the party. You forgot to mention that I (in a round about way) set you up with your wife. It was all because of my existence that you met her and I want a little credit please! JK. Good luck on finding a career in life, I swear education does nothing for people these days unless you get your doctrite in something. Mandy is right you would be an excellent teacher or dog psychologist.
Brian, that is so exciting! I remember that day...and I also remember thinking..I am never going back! jk. It is such a relief though. Good luck w/finding a job. You will do great at whatever you decide to do.
Post a Comment