Monday, December 3, 2007

Baby Proofing.....


To start us off, Cannon is now 8 months old! Yes, 8 months! Where does the time go, honestly? He is officially crawling EVERYWHERE. He's been crawling for a few weeks now, but he has mastered the art as of last week. So this means its time for the dreaded baby proofing. I thought I had a few more weeks before I was able to baby proof the house. He was crawling so slow at first, so I would have plenty of time to walk in the other room for a few minutes before I would catch him inching towards wall outlets, pointy edges, and drawers. Now, however, he moves at Jedi-like speed. I cant even sprint to grab my phone that's 10 feet away before he is literally in our Christmas tree or crawling on top of our Xbox. His new favorite activity is walking along the couches, coffee table, and his crib. This has also caused him to fall a few times. We have had to move our coffee table to our outside storage unit. It will be nice to have more of an open space for him to crawl and play-but- it will be a big loss because not only do we lose a place to set our feet, remotes, and photo albums- but we've lost a very big toy for Cannon. He would stand at that coffee table and walk around it and pound his hands on it ALL day if he could (not to mention it has turned into his favorite teething toy). He is such a boy! He loves to explore and challenge himself. The world is his jungle gym, and he wants to play in it :) If it could hurt him, he wants to do it! So we are off to get some baby proofing essentials today. I figured a simple "no no" would work for the time being- but he has proven me wrong.
He has been so much fun and such a blessing in our lives. I love to see him grow and change, even if it requires me to get a few less hours of sleep and 24 hours of keeping me on my toes.

14 comments:

Kacey said...

Look at that little charmer face. I love that first photo! Lauren I am so right there with you with the whole crawling thing. Dallin is now opening all drawers, cupboards, climbs up the walls, pulls down the blinds, the list goes on...most of it impossible to baby proof. If I trip over one more tupperware bowl or metal cake pan or bang my knee on more open drawer that is supposed to be closed I might just scream!

MyR said...

I hate to tell you but you are only beginning the crazy-fast into EVERYTHING boy mode. Cameron is only 18 months so I know he's only going to get faster and sneakier. They just have those cute chubby faces though that melt your heart. BOYS!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Good luck with catching up with them, they only get quicker !! Knox is still just sitting ! He is anxious to move though, but I hope I can keep him seated just a while longer. Im not ready for a crawler !!

amy said...

Let the fun begin! That picture of Cannon in the snow cracks me up. I can't tell if he is enjoying it or not!

Lauren Perry said...

Amy- lol, he is SCREAMING his head off in it-haha. It took 10 minutes to get that snow suit on, and I brought him in the snow for like 15 seconds, and he cried the WHOLE time! :)

Mandy said...

I absolutly love the picture of him in the high chair! You must have that camera strapped to you at all times to get moments like that! And how about you and your BYU snowsuit! Classic! It will be fun when our children are finally married and we can hang out and plan their lives! If he stays this cute, Addi will have some major competition! I will have to teach her some tricks! We do have to get together. I dont think we have anything going on that day you mentioned, we will have to try and plan on it. That will be so fun!

Jess Perry said...

I love the picture in the snow! And the outfit is awesome! He is such a cutie pie. I love his little Cannon chair too! Gotta love Pottery Barn!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

He has such a "That's right, I'm the shiznit" look. I love it! Are you excited for Niki's wedding? I am!

Lori said...

Canon is the handsomest little guy! I know all about the baby proofing, good luck.

A said...

i know i say this ALL the time... but, he is so adorable. i love the pic in the chair! he looks so grown up!! he just has the most perfect little features and is so charming!

Mike and Stacie said...

That is the cutest little snow outfit I have ever seen! Cannon is such a cutie and he is getting so big! It will be fun to see you guys at the Christmas party.

Erin said...

I was so used to kids who didn't pull all the books of the shelves, and it's hard to go back to that! Good luck!

Jen said...

What a cute boy! I love the picture of Cannon in the snow--last year I was so excited to get Caleb all bundled up to play in the snow and he cried the whole time too! Good luck with the baby proofing!

Savanna said...

Oh I am totally in your same boat. Tyeson is a little monster into EVERYTHING! Beware because walking is double the trouble that crawling is. It's so fun though, they just keep us super busy. It will be fun to see you next week.