As I sit by my window looking at the snow falling to the ground, I can't help but wish I was somewhere else. The past 2 weeks have been a blur. We have been out of the house since December 16th, and reality has kicked in. I am not in beautiful/sunny California or Cabo San Lucas anymore......
We just got back last night from our adventures. Our last stop was to Cabo San Lucas with the Perry family. It was a blast! The sun was warm, the weather was perfect, the food was amazing, it was an all around great trip! (BIG THANKS to Bill and Linda). Brian, Cannon and myself could not be more thankful for the past few weeks. We have created sooo many memories. Malia danced with a random stranger and it was the curtest thing I have ever seen. For those of you who don't know Malia very well, unless your name is Bill Jr, Kacey, or Lindsay Perry- she wont come within 5 feet of you. She managed to let her wall down and dance with a 74 year old man AND give him a kiss on the cheek at the end. It was precious. Dallin now has curly hair! It was darling. I think Kacey needs to start adding product to keep it that way- because he was just so cute with his big smile and locks of golden waves. He was such a good boy. I swear Makenna changed from the first days of the trip. She filled out and became cuter and cuter each day. She was so good and just beautiful. Lindsay had so much fun! She was the official stroller pusher for Cannon :) He LOVES her and they are now best friends. I got tons of cute pics of them having fun. The adults did the usual- play cards, play tennis, lay out, go on walks, and of course- EAT!
We missed a few family members on the trip. They were in our hearts and prayers. Jessica is about to pop with little Trent Jr, so she had to stay behind with Bryn. I was about to pop with Cannon when they all went to Hawaii in March, so its a good thing to stay home and close to the hospital and Dr's (I wouldn't trust the health care in Mexico). Trent missed Jessica and Bryn so much. We talked about how great they are. The trip would have been a lot better had they been able to come. Michael was up all night looking for his passport, and he was not able to make the trip. This brought everyone to tears. If anyone needed a vacation from working 12 hour days, it was Mike. We missed him a ton.
Cannon has been great the past 2 1/2 weeks. He let us tote him around everywhere, and never complained once. He was just so happy to swim, nap, play, and be with loved ones. I lucked out when Cannon slept the whole 2 and a half hour flight home! It took a bit of an adjustment this morning, but he is so happy to be home and with his toys.
There is always something comforting about coming home. Sure you have your nice warm bed, and you can walk around in the buff..... but I think its the piles of bills, rotten produce, spoiled milk, and loads of laundry that make coming home from vacation hard. All and all, we had a great few weeks! Thanks for everyones well wishes! We missed you all a ton! (yes, I managed to think about all of my friends and family as I relaxed in a pool drinking virgin pina colada's). I hope you all have a great 2008!
here is a slide show from the trip!-


16 comments:
Welcome back! Glad you had a great trip. Love all the pictures of Cannon. Looks like he loved Cabo!
Looks like you had a wonderful vacation!
I am so sad that we are back........where is the sun and the pool???? I am hating that we are back here in Utah in the snow. The trip was so much fun.....i was happy the you, Brian and Cannon were bale to come. The pictures are great.
YAY! I have been waiting for an update on the trip. Sounds like it was tons of fun. I'm glad the kids did good. I love Cabo it's so fun. We will be there shortly but only for a day. :( I'm glad it was such a fun trip. Happy New year!
YEAH!! I am soooo HAPPY you are finally home! I can't wait to hear all about your trips!! Cannon is such a good lil boy, you are so LUCKY! He is so adorable in all the pic's and so happy! I have so much catching up to do with you!! We should play some time this week. AND... I desperatly need you to update my layout!!
SHUT UP! I LOOOVE my new layout. seriously... i just now got on and I love it! thanks lauren. i just remembered you called while i was on the phone earlier today too...it's too late to call so i will talk to you tomorrow!
Whatever virgin pina colada! Your trip sounds way fun. I could feel your presence in Mexico. What awesome weather though! I know what you mean about coming home though, not fun to unpack and get going on normal life again. I'm going to post my pics soon too. I'm sad we missed you in Utah. Niki's wedding was way pretty. I'll have to catch y later!
Thanks for sending out all your pics Lauren. (you were so fast!) Obviously I borrowed a few for my slideshow. Cabo was great! And I agee with Jeanette...it's depressing to be back in snow. I miss the warm sunshine!
I HAPPY YOU AND YOUR FLY HAD A GREAT TIME! THANKS FOR SHARING SUCH BEAUTIFUL PICS!
Fun fun! I am jealous of your trip and your time in the sun getting tan...at the moment I am looking at the snow gome down thick in Logan.
I'm so glad that you had a great time on your trip and I love all the fun pictures!
I sat there for like 15 minutes watching the 100 plus pictures of your trip! So much fun (all except for the whole spider thing...gross!) Packing up and getting out of this cold was a perfect thing to do, I am very jealous and keep dropping hints to Ron that we should do that...he reminds me that we are poor and I should just get over it! I am so glad you had fun! You and your family are adorable!
Looks like you guys had a blast! How fun Sunny weather...wow! We came home from the Boise Auction to a foot of snow!!!! We couldn't even pull in our driveway. Crazy huh!
WOW! Looks amazing! You are so lucky! Sign me up for your next vaca!
Fun trip and cute pics. I missed you guys but I am glad you had such a good time.
It was good to catch up with you this week and we will see you tomorrow at Sunday dinner!
Post a Comment