Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Good Bye Sun!

So Cannon and I came to California this past week to visit good friends and family, and I am so exhausted! I actually think I need a vacation now ;) It's been a while since we got to see the California family, so it was nice that we had the opportunity to do so. It has been a busy week to say the least! Brian took us to the airport early Thursday, and Cannon was Mr. Chatter-box the whole time. He managed to catch some zzzz's, but he was mainly interested in hearing himself talk on the plane. Everyone thought it was too funny, because babies usually cry. He is a seasoned flier though, this has been his 12th flight!

Our first night in Ca, Cannon decided that he wanted to say his first word- "dada" (too bad Brian wasn't here to rub it in!). He has also decided to wake me up atleast 5 times a night. I think he is teething though, so I wont hold it against him. Thursday night we got to see my BFF Jaime and her little girl Olivia. Olivia is a hoot! She could not get enough of Cannon! She shook his hand at one point, and laughed when he pulled her hair (I usually cry when he does that to me). Jaime and I went out to dinner Friday night while my parents watched the kiddo's. It was so fun! I only get to see Jaime like 3-4 times a year because she lives in Az, so its really nice to spend as much time possible with her. She is also pregnant with her second child and just found out its a boy :) I can't wait for Cannon to have a best bud!
Saturday we went to Emerson's soccer game. We had a blast spending time with them! Emme and Nixon are growing up so fast! When we first got there, Nixon told me that he didn't want Cannon to be his cousin-lol. By the end of the day, he told me to tell Cannon that he liked his hair and shirt :) Sunday we went to lunch and headed to San Diego. We saw my grandparents and cuncle Bob, cousin Caitlin, his grilfriend Sam and her daughter Holly. We had a yummy dinner and watched the San Diego Chargers finally win a game.

Monday we went to Santa Barbara where we saw My grandpa Larry, Gail, My uncle Clark, aunt Rhonda, and little cousin Skylar. Skylar just turned 7, and we went out for a nice birthday lunch. Tuesday we ran a million errands and Wed we went shopping at the Grove in Hollywood. We then went to Beverly Hills and waited in line for 30 minutes to get some Sprinkles cupcakes. For those of you who don't know about Sprinkles, they are all the rage in California. People literally line up down the street to get into the little cupcake shop. Cannon and I are done with our fun little trip. We are headed back to Utah tomorrow morning, and I can't wait to get back! I miss my adorable husband and our cute little apartment. Its always fun to get away, but there is nothing like coming home!

12 comments:

Jess Perry said...

We miss you and that little guy so come home to us soon!! Those pictures are so cute as usual!! Have a safe trip home tomorrow!

amy said...

What a fun trip! I have heard about Sprinkles cupcakes and think its so funny that people stand in that long of a line for cupcakes! But, I bet I would be one of those people!

Kacey said...

I'm glad you had a fantastic trip! Its nice to get away sometimes but you're right...there's no place like home!

P.S. So was Sprinkles worth the wait? I've heard about that place.

Jeanette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanette said...

Sounds like you have had a great trip. Okay so I am a little out of it....what are the Sprinkles???? Leave it to you ot know the latest and greatest!!! See you Sunday!

Mandy said...

So much fun! I cant believe that Cannon has already been on 12 flights! I am sure that Addi would be the one sitting right next to him chatting the entire way (I swear they are going to ask me to leave the church because they are sick of having her babble the entire time!) I bet your mom is WAY to excited to have you come home, I bet she thought about stealing you permently! I have seen lots of things about Sprinkles and I am so jealous! I also want to try Pinks someday (have you been there?) You need to give all us pigs details on the cupcakes so we can drool over them. By the way, we just need to get together so our babies can play!

Joshua Jr. and Kaysen Cianna Knight said...

Im happy you and Cannon had a great time! Its always nice to get out for awhile, and its even better when you return. Have a safe trip back home. Can't wait to see more pics of "Da Cannon".

Joshua Jr. and Kaysen Cianna Knight said...

Im happy you enjoyed yourself, I bet Cannon will sleep a ton when he gets back home. Enjoy the rest of your weekend with you hubby! Cant wait to see more pics of "Da Cannon".

Jen said...

Your little boy is SO cute and it sounds like you had a great trip! Pat gave me your bloglink so I hope you don't mind me checking it out and adding it to our family list! Our bloglink is lukeandjen.blogspot.com
Jen Hansen (Luke's wife)

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

You are a traveling fool, maybe you could make it out here to the midwest... its smack in the middle of wherever you are heading... just stop for a sec and see us!

TC Jolley said...

How fun! Cannon is such a cutie! Where is Arizona does your friend live... now you have to visit me when you come visit her!!!

Diane said...

We enjoyed having Cannon in California this past week. He is such a happy, social, baby. He never cries except when it is time to go to bed. I know all of our family and close friends enjoyed spending the time with him. Lauren has shown me that you can dress a boy in adorable clothes. I also have never seen a baby love to wear a hat and look so cool in them. His grandma and grandpa miss him alot.