I have told many of you this funny story, and EVERYONE wants me to post about it....so I will-lol. We went to the State Fair to see the Gary Allen concert with Jeanette, Melissa, and Amy last night. For those of you who have never been to this state fair, turn on the TV and watch Jerry Springer! I have never seen such a gathering of white-trash red-neck drunken hillbillies! Seriously! They must have given a case of beer and food stamps to people who bought the tickets (I don't mean to be mean, but in all seriousness- the crowd was that bad).
I was already bummed that I only knew like 4 of Gary's songs-and I was even more frustrated at the guys cursing "Gary F***in Allen Baby!! WOooooo" and the beer that managed to soak the floors around us. I am minding my own business, looking at the couple in front of us who brought a 4 month old baby to the concert (the poor baby) when I all of a sudden got hit HARD from behind. It caught me off guard! A hand scratches across my back and a then managed to scratch my face and basically knock me to my chair- falling on my lap- while spilling all of her beer on me. I see this BIG DUDE (or what I thought was a dude) come up beside me and start beating on her, while she is in my freaking lap. They are so drunk, I don't think they even knew where they were. For some reason, my instinct was to throw my arms and hold off the big butch woman, who actually outweighed me by a lot- while Brian was able to grab the skinny drunk 40 year old. She mumbled something to him, while the butch woman kept swinging around me trying to hit the woman- saying "you wanna mess with me!". I held my arm out, holding back what I can only assume is a woman- and I kept yelling "chill" at her. I don't know why I said "chill"....maybe I should have yelled at her with a Jerry Springer accent and she would have understood me. Brian was still holding off the skinny drunk, and he kept helping me control, the he-woman, when all of a sudden the skinny girl jumps out of Brian's arms and attacks the big thing again. They managed to go back a few rows, so I wasn't too worried about being eaten alive- i would let the other drunks take it from there.
I am lucky that I walked away with only a few scratches and a shirt soaked in beer (i had a fun time explaining that one to my babysitter-lol). I didn't know if I needed to get checked for rabies after (gosh this is a mean post). I am just happy that it was me and Bri, and not my pregnant sister in law Melissa & Ty that originally bought the tickets. Melissa would have had her baby right there- and I am used to being scrappy and getting into altercations because of softball. Other than the crowd, Nettie, Melissa, and Amy were way fun. Needless to say- I am never going to the state fair again-lol.
Hopefully the Celine Dion concert next weekend will bring out a different crowd :)
6 comments:
LOL,great story Lauren! Nothing like a bunch of drunk hillbillies....CLASSY! And you will love the Celine concert next week. Is it just me or am I missing out on A LOT of concerts lately! Well, at least I have your blogs to read all about them.
Okay. I have been waiting to hear about this fight all day! What a memory! You are such a tough person. I probably would've fallen to the ground and cried Mercy!!! And I can't wait for Celine. We are going to have a blast!!
Oh what a great night! The part that you don't know is when those girls started fighting I was trying to take a picture on my camera of you and Brian breaking it up...totally blog worthy! I didn't get one because Melissa was hitting me telling me to get the cops. Best of luck at Celine :)
Lauren... I found you! Yeah! Your family is adorable, and you... well you are beautiful as ever! Hope you are doing good. Keep in touch and keep visiting my blog! I hope you are doing great and give that baby a kiss for me... he's SO CUTE!
TC
hi i got a blog
Are you sure it wasn't the 3rd basemen from Colorado State? What a fun time, I remember going to the Utah state fair, nothing like it in the world. Cool story!
Milli
Post a Comment