Monday, September 17, 2007

Much Needed R&R

So tomorrow is it! I finally get it~ FREEDOM! SLEEP! R&R! I get my first 2 nights away from Cannon......and I couldn't be more sad. Even though he is teething and waking me up a few times at night (who knows why, he isn't hungry though)~ I am going to miss my little guy :( He has honestly never slept more than 20 feet away from me. I have never left him for more than a concert or movies length of time (and those chances have been few and far between). I know this is going to be good for Brian and heck probably good for me, but I am just devastated. Luckily I will only be about an hour away at the Zermatt in Midway. He is also in the care of my very very protective parents, so I know that he will probably be spoiled more the next 2 days than he has his first 5 months of life. I just think about him all the time. I miss him when I work out, when he naps, when I shower.... you name it. He is such a good little baby and I enjoy being around him. This is just the practice though. I am home with him Thursday only to turn around and head to Las Vegas for Celine Dion for another 2 days- out of state :( and hours away.

I am really going to miss him! I think this will be good though. Absence will make the ♥ grow fonder. Don't be surprised if I sneak out on Brian in midway, head to Orem to kiss the Cannonball goodnight, and head back in time for nightly prayer.

Look for many pics and posts this week.....

5 comments:

Joshua Jr. and Kaysen Cianna Knight said...

Lauren I hope you and Brian have a great time...I can honestly say that me and my hubby need one also. I wish we can go somewhere this weekend, just to be alone and have some qt time. Enjoy yourself and I will be checking for some pics!

Kacey said...

I agree with you, it is SOoo hard to leave your baby for the first time. Oh man, I totally remember...your parents will do a great job though.
I hope you & Brian have a blast on your little rendevoux this week (take advantage girl!)...I'm telling ya, there's nothing like good vacation sex when the kids are left at home! hehe ;-)

Jess Perry said...

I remember when I left Bryn for the first time...we were in Hawaii. I thought about her all the time but it is a nice break. you guys will spend some quality time together w/ no worries cuz Cannon will have a great time with your parents.
Have fun and we'll just get ready to party in Vegas!! Oh and I second what Kacey said about the great times you can have when the kids are at home!!

Unknown said...

Lauren I was glad to see your comment and that you have a blog too! I hope you have tons of fun on your vacation. I am so excited to get together weekly with our kids. It is so great to have friends to do stuff with!

Anonymous said...

he is so cute