Monday, September 24, 2007

My SUPER BUSY Week!!

Hello again! No progress on my diet this past week, sorry to say....but at least I didn't gain.

The Zermatt was soooo much fun! We ate, golfed, played LOTS of tennis (I let Brian win- lol), ate some more, worked out, swam, watched movies, and hung out at the bakery (and i wonder why I didn't lose weight this week-lol.) It was a nice break away from my baby. When we came home, Cannon looked like he had grown in the 2 days that we were gone! I could NOT believe it! I am literally with him 24/7- so it was a shock to see how much he changes in just a short period of time.

I went from Friday to Sunday with Linda and the girls (minus Kacey who is in Hawaii and Melissa who is baby bound) to Las Vegas! It was such a fun trip! We really need to do girls trips more often- the boys get so boring after a while. The Perry boys always seem to go go go, so it was nice to actually relax and have our own little agenda. We stayed at the Marriott, shopped a ton, saw Celine Dion (see next paragraph), ate at The Cheesecake Factory about 16 x's, and I got to meet MR. HIT KING himself Pete Rose! I got an autographed picture signed for Cannon, and its so cute! We have it up in his room already! It was so special to meet good ol Pete! I was the last fan allowed in, so we sat and talked for 7 minutes (i timed it-haha). He was the nicest guy and he actually frequents my home town of Valencia often. He also told me that Cannon was destined to be a star baseball player, because of his name and the fact that his mommy was a good softball player (he actually follows college softball!). I was in pure awe!

I know I was in pure awe meeting Pete Rose.....but that does not even hold a candle to how amazing Celine Dion was! I was literally speechless the whole performance. I did not have a care in the world! I forgot my own name at one point! I literally could not take my eyes off of her, nor would I want to. The stage, the choreography, the music, heck the whole concert hall was amazing. For those of you who don't know, Celine is my all time favorite female artist. I did not even want to mouth the words to her songs, because I didn't want to disrespect the woman. It was the single most amazing concert that I have ever been to (and i have been to many).
I want to thank my parents for watching Cannon, my dear husband for letting me go and being a good sport at the Zermatt, my sister in laws for being a blast, and Linda for taking us on the trip. This was definitely a week to remember. Thank you all for your love and support!

4 comments:

Jess Perry said...

I cannot believe you actually posted that picture of Linda...set your blog to private!! No it was a fun weekend and I can't believe it is over!! Hey, will you email me all the pics from the trip?

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was so much fun to be with you and the girls this past weekend. Also I am sure that Pete Roses' picture looks great in Cannons room.

Lauren Perry said...

Edited to add- I deleted the pic of Linda! It was supposed to be a joke because she was so silly, but maybe I will just keep that joke within the family!

Diane said...

Cannon was a pure joy to watch. He was such a good little trooper when grandma dragged him around to all of her favorite restaurants. He's pretty hard to resist when he looks at you with those dreamy baby blue eyes. I think after lugging around 18lbs. for the week I am gettins some good tone in my biceps. Who needs a gym when you can get a work out with baby chunkins.