Friday, August 29, 2008

UPDATES

So I have had a lot of friends announce that they are expecting (literally, 4 of my friends announced it this week). This has led to many questions about me and a possible baby #2. I hear questions about this ALL THE TIME! I guess its Mormon standard time to assume that my kids will be about 2 years apart. Well I am going to announce that we are NOT trying to get pregnant right now. I would love another little baby, but you wont see any announcement from me for at least another year. I just recently started a new diet, and I am doing very well on it. Almost 2 weeks into it, and I am already down 10 lbs. Its my goal to get down 60 lbs. I didn't want to get pregnant being overweight (which I did with Cannon) because its hard enough to take off baby weight, let alone vanity pounds. So I will probably be on this diet until January. I also want to enjoy my new found figure for a few months before I go and put it through another pregnancy.

Cannon is also at a very fun, but difficult age. I thought my house was baby-proofed enough, but it clearly isn't. He knows how to climb in the tub, plug the drain and turn on the water (to freezing or scalding). He also now climbs up my oven and can reach my hot burners. Yesterday he was climbing the oven and the oven door flew open- throwing him on his back on the floor. Now I have a lock on the oven door. He has also struck up major curiosity with the deep window wells and the busy streets (they are building new homes on our street, so we always have cars going up and down it). Cannon is communicating a ton. He tells me "No mama" all the time. He even shakes his head for dramatic effect. He points to everything and asks what it is. When I tell him, he tries to repeat what I say. My favorite thing is when we sneeze, cough, or when someone toot's- he tries to make the same noises right after. He also sings along to Sponge Bob Square Pants- but all he says is "Bob Bob Bob Bob" to the beat of the song. Its really precious.

Last but not least update. Brian and half of the sales team with his company was laid off this week. His boss quit a few weeks ago, and we have been speculating change. Brian was selling to government agencies, and the government wasn't buying. The past 2 years, SIRE Technology was one of the highest paid/ top companies to work for. With the economy the way that it is right now, it is directly effecting government budgets- so governments aren't buying. This caught us a bit off guard. Just last week SIRE had a retreat for the employees, spouses and major clients, and we were wined and dined in Park City. I loved Brian's co-workers. Brian loved his job, but he was one of the newer employee's- so he was in the first wave to go. So Brian has been working super hard the past few days (he was laid off 2 days ago) to get his resume out there and set up interviews. He went out on his 2nd interview today and got hired! He still has a few other interviews with other companies set up and he really wants to look into them first. We will find out more in the next week.

So this is our busy week! On top of all of this, Cannon and I have bronchitis : ( I will keep you guys updated on my diet, my crazy kiddo, and Brian's new job!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

I had to laugh at the beginning of your post. A friend of mine literally just made almost the exact same post on her blog. Yours was nicer though - hers states, "We are not pregnant, we are not trying, STOP ASKING!" LOL. Too funny!

Sorry to hear about Brian's job, but how awesome is that that he already has a new one?! Hope it goes well and he loves it just as much!

Jeanette said...

I am so sorry to hear that you and Cannon have bronchitis. Did you guys go to the Dr. and are you on medicine?

I was very exicted to get the call from Brian today telling me that he got the job. I hope that it works out great for him.

Kacey said...

I was so bummed to hear about Brian's job (that's got to be stressful!)...I've been in that boat before and the lay-off deal is not fun! I'm so happy to hear he's already found something though. I hope it works out!

And good job on the diet...you're doing awesome!!

Lori said...

Oh...that made my stomache drop when You said Brian was laid off! But then...I kept reading and YEAH for Brian! Seriously, I am so happy and thankful for you. The economy is so scary right now.

Canon is a doll baby. Seriously Handsome!

So sorry you guys are sick. That is no deal, and good job on your diet! That is awesome. It is so hard to diet, I am impossible, so good job!

A said...

Oh I had no idea he got laid off! I am so sorry... but he will find something way better I am sure! Cannon is such a boy... so cute!
Get better soon and call me!

Kimberly said...

I haven't talked to you in so long! =-( Sorry you are both sick. =-( I'm glad Brian found something so quickly. This economy sucks!!! We need a change for sure!!!

Kim

p.s. I have a walker!! Yep Anthony's walking!!!!

barbaraence said...

This diet sounds absolutely fantastic! Good for you!!
I am sorry to hear about Brian's job, but so glad to hear that he's got another one already! Way to go :)

Jessica said...

Ha ha, I too get asked all the time about this and I too am not trying. Glad someone understands!