Saturday, August 23, 2008

California Trip

Hey everybody! Its been a while since I've last posted. Not too much is going on here. We just got back this week from out trip to southern California and then Lake Tahoe. We flew into LA on Friday the 8th and got back from Lake Tahoe on Sunday the 17th. It was a fun little trip. We went to our good friend Lee Woods wedding on Saturday. Sunday we drove down to Orange County and went to my nephew Nixon's 4th birthday party. He had it at the greatest bowling ally ever. I have never been to a bowling ally like this before. It was a very cool atmosphere with flat screen TV's at the end of each lane and all over the place. They also served gourmet food, which was SUPER yummy. Cannon did not enjoy the loudness from the kids and the balls hitting the pins. He was super fussy the whole time. I let him roll a ball down one of the lanes (with my help) and he took off running down the lane after the ball. It was hilarious watching me chase him down the lane after him and of course I managed to slip on the surface.

Monday we took a long 7 hour drive up to Lake Tahoe. I was really nervous about driving so long with Cannon. Let me tell you how good he was. He did not fuss once on the drive up. We just stopped every 2 hours and let him run around for 15-40 minutes. He was also great in Lake Tahoe. He stayed up a bit late each night, but he slept in like a good boy. He also LOVED the lake and pools. He was in heaven in the sand too. We stayed in a 3 story town home just a few yards away from the lake and beach. He mastered the art of climbing up and down stairs. We had a jacuzzi in our unit, so he had a blast playing in the bubbles with his cousin. It wasn't all laughs and giggles. He did have a hard time at a few restaurants. He has been an angel in 100 different restaurants, but not in Tahoe. He also managed to almost drown a few times. He loved ducking and bringing the water level to his chin (in like a foot of water). A wave would come and splash him. He swallowed gallons of water. He was floating on a raft with my dad (in 2 foot deep water) and decided that he wanted to get off. My dad was stuck behind the raft and I was busy taking pictures of him. Next thing i knew, he was backwards/upside down in the lake. His mouth was open. I was holding my camera and my first reaction was to dive in and grab him (yes, my camera was ruined). He had been under water for about 3 seconds. I know that's not a long time, but when your baby is under water and not swimming, it seems like forever. He choked and coughed a ton. He was so shaken up by it. I was terrified. He just wanted to snuggle his mommy and dry off. (I was only a few feet away from him the time he fell in) You better believe I was in arms reach the rest of the trip. Other than that scary experience, it was a fun little trip


Here are some fun pics from the trip. He looks like he is crying in a lot of the pics, but that is his weird new laughing face. He scrunches his nose and makes the funniest little noises. He just loved it and I loved that he loved it.





9 comments:

Jen said...

It sounds like you had a way fun trip (except for Cannon's near drowning experience.) Cute pictures--Cannon looks adorable as always!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Cannon is such a little stud !

A said...

Oh my look how cute Cannon is with his cousins. What a little stud he is turning into. He is gorgeous. I tell you that all the time but honestly you and Brian make gorgeous kids... better get started on the next !

Kacey said...

I like his crying/happy scrunchy face! That is funny AND cute!

amy said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! Scary about him being in the pool. Always makes me nervous! Cute pictures! I swear Cannon gets cuter every time I see him. He is going to break some hearts!

Ben and Jenn said...

What a fun trip! I love the picture of him just chillin on the raft w/ his camo sunglasses. Too cute! Great pic of you and Brian too.

Jess Perry said...

I love the pic of his little fohawk! He is a cute kid! Fun trip and fun memories!!

Jeanette said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. We missed you on Sunday I hope that he is feeling better

Savanna said...

What a fun get away. The pictures and so cute, and Cannon looks like he had a great time. That's scary about the water and drowning. Tyeson is a maniac in the water too and it scares me SO bad.