
So I have a very sick and twisted husband.
Cannon is obsessed with doors. He loves to open and close them all day. Because of his unhealthy habit, we tend to have 1-3 flies at our house at one time. Today, Brian decided to heat up his dinner in the microwave. A fly flew in right as he shut the door. Instead of being logical (like a normal person) and letting the fly out, he decided to be a GUY and experiment with the survival of insects in the microwave. So he heated the microwave for about a minute, and watched the fly make his way around the box of heat (also very unsanitary around his food). When he heard the faithful beep that his food was done, he opened the microwave to check on his studies. As he opened the microwave door- the fly flew out, clearly unharmed.
I was interested in this experiment, so I googled it. Ironically, my cruel husband is not the first to try this experiment. Other GUYS (go figure) have tried this experiment and their flies have lived to see another day (or however long flies actually live). What I learned is that because the fly is not staying still- it is moving around- it is unharmed by the microwaves heat, radiation and waves. If you happen to catch a fly on fly paper, however, he will indeed die. I just thought that was an interesting finding because I clearly thought that Brian's fly would die.
You learn something new everyday!
6 comments:
That is sick! Here is one for you... let me know when you find the answer.... How fast are flys flying if ther are flying inside a car going 65 miles per hour?
What the heck is going on in the Perry household!?! That is just funny that you guys did that! Silly Cannon! He is just too cute!
That is hilarious.
Well I certainly learned something new today. LOL.
Brian, I want you to know that this is exactly the kind of thing Daren would try too! (And it cracks me up that you googled it Lauren.)
Serioulsy, I don't even know what to say... I just wanted you to know I was here... what can I say??!!
I feel oddly informed... In fact I just informed my husband that flies can't die in the microwave... Oh the things I learn coming to your blog! :)
Post a Comment