
All of you know that I am a MAJOR Twilight fan :) Well, today they released the book cover for her 4th book of the series. Here it is above. I think the red pawn stands for Bella as a human. Weak and in the back. The queen represents her as a vampire. Because vampires are beautiful and powerful. :)
Also- here is the Preface to Breaking Dawn.
PREFACE
I'D HAD MORE THAN MY FAIR SHARE OF NEAR DEATH experiences, it wasn't somethingyou ever really got used to. It seemed oddly inevitable, though, facing death again. Like I really was marked for disaster. I'd escaped time and time again, but it kept coming back for me. Still, this time was so different from the others. You could run from someone you feared, you could try to fight someone you hated. All of my reactions were geared toward those kinds of killers - the monsters, the enemies. When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options. How could you run, how could you fight, when doing so would hurt that beloved one? If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not give it? If it was someone you truly loved?
THOUGHTS?
There has been lots of speculation on what this means. Some people think that it is Edward killing Bella or turning her into a vampire- because she will literally have to die to become one. Others think that it is Jacob killing her because he is livid that she is changing. Some have said that they think the Volturri came for her, and that there is a choice that she must die or Edward. Stephenie Meyer has said that she likes happy endings, so I don't think that will happen. Stephenie also said that part of the book is from Jacobs point of view. So it very well could be Jacob dying inside at Bella changing. Either way, I am soooo excited for August! I PERSONALLY think that Jacob is having a hard time with Bella changing. Because he talks about wanting to fight Edward- calling him a monster and enemy- but because he loves Bella too, he is willing to die at her hand. I think its because Bella has no control over being changed (they say that it takes the newborns a while). I don't think that Bella will kill Jacob though.
What do you think? Here is a portion of the first chapter. Once I get the whole first chapter, I will post that as well :)
10 comments:
all i'm saying is...if bella chooses jacob i will throw the book in the trash. i'm so team edward it is not even funny.
HAHHAAA I LOVE what your friend Amanda said! I am on the same boat as her! Go Edward! That little paragraph makes me want to start reading it NOW!! I love the cover for Breaking Dawn too. I can see how the Preface could be from either Bella's or Jacob's thoughts. I just want Bella & Edward to get married, have some HOT STEAMY LOVE, then have Edward change her!! hahhaa
I STILL need to start the Host! What a slacker I am!
Looks like I'm in the same boat as all of your other commenters regarding Bella and Jacob. I too am excited for this!!
By the way, thanks for your advice. We did 1 nap today, but Laura could not make it past 11 a.m.!! I don't know how tomorrow will be because we have church at 10:20 (anytime church is not at 9 a.m. is the worst time for kiddos)...we'll see!
Bella has to choose Edward...if not, that will be totally stupid!! Who wouldn't choose Edward? Thanks for showing us all that cool Twighlight stuff last night. I can always come to you if I need to know about the latest and greatest stuff!
my opinion is that stephenie meyer could NOT make bella and edward not end up together...that would be like harry potter dying at the end or ross and rachel not ending up together. it's inevitable.
I agree with everyone,especially Amanda. True loves always end up together in the end. I just started reading The Host this weekend and I love it so far. Have you read it? I think I already know the answer :)
If she chooses Edward I will be PISSED and never read another one of her books again!
I'm so glad you shared this...you just made me so excited for this book to come out. I actually found Bella to be quite irritating by the end of the last book because she was so indecisive. Of course she needs to end up with Edward... That's all there is to it!
Hi,
Could you post some recent pics of Cannon. I really miss him.
mom
I want to be a vampire! I preordered the 4th book weeks ago and am excited. Have you read "the host" i'm half way through it, and its pretty good!
ps I was in Utah for memorial weekend and wanted to call you, but I seriously had no time... I saw Niki for about 20 minutes, I wish we could get together.
Post a Comment