Wednesday, May 21, 2008

SUNNY California


Hello Hello! It is our last day in sunny California and man has it been hot! It averaged 100 degrees in the time I was here! We did so much and I need a vacation from my vacation! I am so lucky to have such amazing friends and family. I went out to lunch and dinner a few different times with my friends. It was so nice to meet new friends and catch up with old ones. Cannon got to hang out with his buddies Vaughn, Brockton and Anthony and it was so funny to see him interact with his friends.

Then we went down to San Diego and met with family to go to Sea World. It was a BLAST! Cannon honestly had the best day ever! We got to Sea World at 11 am and started off the day with the Sesame Street show. Cannon has never watched Sesame Street before, but I now think he is hooked. He just loved it. He also went NUTS in the shark encounter and practically dove in the water with the sting rays :) We were wiped out by the end of the day! We left at 5 pm after seeing almost everything. We drove a long way home with Cannon exhausted and clinging to his new stuffed sting ray (he slept the whole 3 hours home).
(here is Cannon HIDING from the sharks! lol)

Cannon and I were lucky to spend a wonderful day with Brian's cousin Jenn :) It was such a blast! We ate a yummy lunch at BJ's, and I am still dreaming about the pizookie! She is so cute and we have so much in common (including good taste in authors, movies, food, and husbands!)

I was set and ready to come back to Utah on Tuesday. However, I got a call from my best friend Jaime that halted my plans. She lives in Arizona, and she was on her way out here for a few days with her new baby Jack and 2 year old Olivia. I didn't even think twice, I decided to extend my stay a few days. I have not met baby Jack yet, so it was great to see her and meet him. Now it is making me baby hungry again (but don't worry, I don't have any news to announce-lol).

Even though it was super hot, it was nice to come out and see all of my family. Its nice to get to see my parents each month. Cannon is so important to them, and I know it is so hard for them to live in a different state then him. I am blessed to have the opportunity to see them as often as I do. Cannon loves having all of the attention. They spoil him. I swear Cannon was going on 4 walks a day to the park. He loves going outside now. He is practically asking me to his crib outside from now on. I would let him sleep outside if it allowed me a few extra hours of sleep a night (jk). Well, this post is super long now. I am going to go back to sulking about David Archuleta losing American Idol :'(
ps- here is Cannon's new suit! He is a little stud! He thinks he is James Bond :)

15 comments:

The Larsen's said...

Oh that suit is DARLING! What a handsome little man! Hope you had a good time in CA...call me, we need to hang out now that both our vaca's are over!

TC Jolley said...

What a cute suit... he is James Bond! I love it! I'm jealous that you took him to Sea World... my poor kids haven't been and I've been dying to get them there! I'm glad he loved it, it makes me more determined to get to San Diego! Love the pictures, he's so cute!

Jeanette said...

FINALLLY A POST ON CA...I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALL WEEK!!!! IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME IN CA.....NO WONDER WHY YOU STAYED LONGER. I AM HAPPY THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO JAMIE AND JACK. ALSO THAT WAS COOL THAT YOU HUNG OUT WITH JENNIFER.I LOVE THE SUIT ON CANNON.....YES HE IS A STUD. WE ARE HAPPY TO HAVE YOU BACK IN UT.

Kacey said...

Love the James Bond suit and the pic of Cannon on your Dad's head. Is he asleep or playing peek-a-boo? Looks like you had so much fun! If you're starting to feel baby hungry...don't worry my kids will cure you of that this weekend I'm sure. ;-) (BTW, Malia is SOOO excited for sleepover's at your house)
I'll see ya at the airport this afternoon!

Ben and Jenn said...

I am glad that you two had such a great trip out here. I love all the pictures. That is too funny that Cannon is hiding from the sharks! Thanks again for meeting up with me, it was a blast! We'll have to do it again for sure. BTW I will email those pictures from lunch that I took to you too.

Ben and Jenn said...

P.S. I love the suit!!

Katie C Kirkham said...

I LOVE the picture of Cannon hiding from the sharks. ADORABLE. I miss you guys tons and cannot believe this summer will be our last with the Perry Clan. I hope all is well and I hope you are expecting a text message tomorrow...hehehehe

Lauren Perry said...

Woah! Let's not get crazy or anything thalking about getting baby hungry and wanting more kids, we can barely handle the "Silent Assassin" we call our child. I mean geeze can we at least hold off until the little guy stops leaving us presents in his diapers?JK Brian

amy said...

I can't get over what a stud he looks like in that suit! I don't think I have ever seen anything cuter. Glad you had a great time in Cali!

A said...

Oh my heck... as Ellie would say. Cannon is so adorable in his new suit I can't stand it! Why do you have such a gorgeous little boy. I wan to pinch his little bum in the picture with his cheek hanging out. I love the name Brockton!... so cute. I am glad you had a good time and Sea World sounds like so much fun. I need to take Ellie soon.

Crystal said...

Looks like you had a great time in cali. Yeah it pretty nice here not to brag jk. I will be in utah at the end of the month and hopefully it will be nice. So what city did you live in?

Jess Perry said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!! Cannon is so adorable in his suit...what a little stud! I am glad to have you home but so glad you ahd a great time in CA!

barbaraence said...

Awesome suit and awesome crack too! Isn't is SO nice to go home?!

Jewels said...

Hey, sorry I changed my blog address to http://www.paulandjewels.blogspot.com....go check it out

Savanna said...

That suit is SO darling! I am glad you had such a fun time with your family. Sea World is the best huh? Cute that he loved the sting rays. Tyeson loved Shamu.