So we are doing the whole cry it out (per his pediatricians orders) tonight, and it's going pretty good. I got Cannon all sleepy and put him to bed. He started crying immediatly. After 5 minutes of crying, I left to go jogging with my friend Cynthia. I told Brian to call me if Cannon fell asleep....and to let him sleep for 10 minutes before he checked him. Cannon had only cried for 45 minutes and he was quiet for 15. Brian went in there to check him and he didnt see him lying down at all. He saw him sitting upright, in the middle of his crib. He ducked because he thought Cannon would see him and start crying all over. It was quiet. So he looked back in the crib and noticed that Cannon had not moved. He got a closer look and realized Cannon was ASLEEP sitting completely upright! He took a picture to document it for proof.
Cannon is asleep now (lying down finally, lol). So we are praying that he stays that way!
18 comments:
Ha ha, that's pretty dang funny!
update- he did pretty good last night. That pic was taken @9 pm. So he officially slept from 9 to 6 am without a tear or waking. Much better then he had been. If he wakes before 6 this week, I am not sure what to do. I just figured I'd let him wake at 6 because it was his first real night.
That's hilarious!
Here's what I do for feeding Isaac "Big people food." Every week, I bake a couple of chicken breasts, then for lunch or dinner, I'll take part, grind it up in a little food grinder, and mix it with some pureed vegetables, or v8. It's pretty easy to feed them big food, you just need a grinder or chopper or something to make the pieces small enough. But then, Isaac only has one tooth. You can make your own puree vegetables which is so much cheaper than buying jars of stuff.
That is hilarious! How long was he like that? You don't dare touch him because then he will wake up and you have to start all over!
he was like that for 15 minutes before we set him down and tucked him in. He actually only woke up for 30 seconds to look around. lol!
Lauren - that is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I feel your pain, Claire's the same way. The last 2 months she has not been sleeping! Listening to her cry is so hard but what else can you do?! I didn't know they were suppose to be on 90 % people food thanks for the info. Kendra
I am laughing soooo hard right now! That is truly a great picture to hold on to forever!! I can't believe he fell asleep siting up!! See... he just needs to know you are not going to come in and get him out! Good for you for sticking to your guns! Hang in there it will pay off I promise!!
Lauren I am CRACKING up over here! I'm so glad Brian thought to take a picture for documentation...hilarious!!
I love it! That picture is GREAT! It will get better. I used to just walk back in Cameron's room and just kiss his head and lay him down again. He finally figured out I wasn't going to take him out and now (after a little crying) he lays in his crib and 'talks' to himself. I love to just sit by the moniter and listen.
Lauren-
Hey, this is Jenn (your cousin). I absolutely love your page and Cannon is so adorable! I can't believe that he fell asleep sitting up! That is TOO funny!! I hope you guys are doing well. Tell Brian hi for us. I added you to my blog page, so I'll be checking up on your little family often. Check out our page if you'd like. Keep in touch.
Jenn
What a great picture! I can't believe he fell asleep sitting up. Austin has been waking up very early lately (usually between 5 & 6 am), but when we let him cry it out, he ends up waking up Caleb. Not fun!!
Lauren that is so funny. Cohen cries in the night still..sometimes I just let him cry it out. and in the morning when i check on him he's always laying tummy down where ever he had been crying...but never sitting up sleeping. That is a great story.
He is seriously so cute! That was one of the hardest things I have ever done...letting Max cry to sleep. I had to go outside in the freezing cold with my laptop(to edit) so that I couldn't hear him. It just broke my heart. It is really so much better for them though and us. I didn't do it with Jackson and he is three and still comes and gets in our bed in the middle of the night. We need to work on that:) Can't wait for Cannon's pics! Send me the links of your ideas for editing and places to go. I'm always up for new things!
Ha Ha! That may be the cutest thing I have EVER seen! Good luck, and hang in there. We let Anabelle cry it out this week and now she's sleeping from 7-7 just like her brothers... I'm the sleep nazi!
I have honestly never laughed so hard! I even sent it to my husband to look at! This is just funny! We had our nine month this week too and my doctor scolded me as well! We are much worse than you! I simply cant do it! I am susposed to put her down when she is awake??? That is when she is so sweet and cuddly and we are just to drop them in their cribs! Holy Crap! Anyway, so proud of you for sticking to it! I am also very proud of you for going running! You are the woman!
Tag! You're it...see my blog for details
Lauren, if that isn't the sweetest thing ever!!!!!!I think you have said before that Brian can fall asleep anywhere, like father like son. ADORABLE! I read Erins...about feeding baby, I just got the "magic bullet" (I think Bed Bath &Beyond has them) for xmas and I am excited to try grinding up things too. So that was great advice for me too, thanks Erin. Carson can start eating now too, sad. They grow so fast.
Post a Comment