Well Cannon had his 9 month check- up today, and that was a blast! (kinda- but not really). He is 21 lbs 10 oz, 29 inches long, and developing GREAT! He even crawled over to the wall, pulled himself to a stand, and started scaling the wall with 1 hand! The Dr. looked at me and said "how long has he been doing that??" he then said that Cannon is going to keep me busy! lol- like he needed to TELL me that- haha ;)
He also said that I need to have Cannon on 90% people food. I was shocked! I thought they were supposed to be on baby food for a while. He said I could mix the baby food with people food, but that big people food is really whats best for them. I could tell Cannon was ready because he has had a hard time eating baby food for the past week. He just loses interest and flips out. I will still give him about 1 jar or so a day, this is just hard to adjust to.
Last but not least.....sleeping through the night, ahhhhh. Cannon used to sleep from 8 at night to 7 am, without needing a bottle or comfort. Now he wakes up 5 times a night, yells for a bottle, and wont sleep in his crib. My Dr. said that I have to fix this now, or it will be so much harder to learn later. I don't know what changed in him at 7 months old, but the past 2 months have been the biggest pain. The Dr. told me that I really need to stick to my guns and let him cry it out. So this is going to make for a very INTERESTING week! ahhh. I will probably do a post about this later in the week. My only complaint with Cannon is his bad sleeping habits. Other than that, the past 9 months have been such an amazing blessing! I just love every second with this little boy! With a face that cute and a fun personality, how could you not want to spend 24/7 with him?
5 comments:
Mine sleeps through the night but is a pain to feed right now. I hate the gagging thing. HOpefully like everything this is just a faze he's going through. Hopefully both our boys will be through them soon!
Love the pictures!
I found that Laura around 10 months started waking up tons of times. Since I've almost totally switched her to big people food, she has been sleeping through the night. Hopefully that will be the same for you. We also did the cry-it-out thing and the first few days were a pain, but it is so nice once they know! Good luck!
Noah did the same thing. He was a perfect sleeper until about 7 months. Our problem was that with 3 other kids trying to sleep close by, his crying would wake them up, so we caved and kept getting up and rocking him back to sleep. BIG MISTAKE!! He is almost 2 now and still wakes up at night. (you think by our 4th we'd be smarter parents!) So I say, let him cry it out now, (I know it's tough) and you'll be rewarded later, trust me!!
yep, follow the peds advice --- it is the only thing that will "cure" this issue. It hurts your heart to hear your little one crying so hard they are going to gag, but they'll wear themself out in now time. Good luck! Sounds like you are already headed down the right track!
Oh my gosh, parenting sounds so dang hard! How do you even know what you are doing. There has got to be a million books to read! You are doing a great job and you really do have such a cute kid!
Post a Comment