
So I went and visited one of my former pitchers (Brooke Boyce) and her 6 month old baby and it made me miss the good old softball days. I came home and was sitting around my apartment when it hit me- this would make for a fun little post! Life was so simple then. I didn't have to change diapers or tip-toe around the house during nap times ;) I was working out 6 days a week, and I was in the best shape of my life (I really miss that). We would have so much fun on road trips, I just miss being a part of a team. It was something that was such a huge part of my life (about 17 years of it) and I still wake up in the middle of the night because I was having some intense softball dreams. I know that Mandy and Milli can relate :) We all have husbands now, that help fill the void- but it's still hard to wake up and realize you aren't going to be putting on your metal cleats today.....4 year all around stats-
.339 combined batting average
25 home runs
Now this is my favorite part- its the remember when's
Milli- remember Dr. Chang, lol. The nutty guy that was stalking female athletes @ BYU. Remember how he had called tons of people and then I got a phone call from him.....but it wasn't really him....lol- you know who it was!.....
Remember Jackson Brown, the hardcore Utah fan who would yell things like "you are a snake in the grass, a snake in the grass, about to bite the watermelon!".......
Remember all of the prank calls to the BYU baseball team....haha.....
Remember the Colorado State coaches and their mullets, and you guys made that awesome shirt from the Emperor's New Groove! And when you and I were walking and we got hit on by the FEMALE coaches of St. Paul University when we were in Fresno....wow, that's one thing I don't miss about softball.......
Remember driving with Vaughn and having him hit parked cars, and curbs, and polls....
Mandy and Milli- Remember our 2 favorite words "Crazy Legs!" We used to think that Mona slept in her tanning bed and leg press....
Remember the fight against Utah State....
Remember all of the team meetings in the hotel room, and how they sometimes lasted for like 3 hours......
Remember playing in Oregon, and doing soooo bad, that we had to run literally in the rain for like 2 hours after the game?
Remember beating #2 Cal at Regionals, when we were seeded in the toughest regional in the country.....
Remember winning conference and the conference tournament? (best and worst softball moment ever, I had the stupid broken hand :( )
I have soooo many memories of softball....this post would probably be 10 pages long if I had the time, and tissue :' ( Even though I miss softball, I would not trade my life for anything. I love my husband and son more than anything in the world. They make me whole and fill my life with the most amazing love. Maybe one of these days I will pay back my past coaches and become a coach- to give another little girl the same opportunity to have the same memories that I had and cherished.


9 comments:
Lauren, I loved this post! A little glimpse back into your softball past about all the good times. :-)
I think having those kind of great experiences and memories are so important! Sometimes (for me anyway) looking back and reliving my best times is what helps me get through the difficulties of present! My best friend was in town yesterday and after reminiscing about college days past and just being together...there's just nothing better!! :-)
awwww the good old days! I met you right as you ended softball...so sad! Don't worry though, you now have Cannon to hold up to your name... cuz we all know his skills are going to come from you and not Brian... ha ha. Totally kidding... don't tell Brian that he will be MAD!
What a fun post! I've heard about your softball days, but I've never seen pics or anything so this way fun to read!
I love thinking back about past times. You had such great times with softball and were an amazing player. What a fun thing to be able to tell your kids about and to teach them!
Seriously, I can relate! I miss my old coach "crazy legs"! Those really were the days... but like you said, I wouldn't trade them... well maybe I would here and there, after a really hard day with my kiddo's... then I would go back :)
Ahhh! So sad! I miss all that junk! That was fun to see all the good times that we had!
Hey - it's Maryon Wallentine...a.k.a. Myr! I don't know if you remember me but I pitched at BYU just before you went there. I'm OLD and never played with you but I just laughed through this whole post. I related to so much of this and miss those days too. SO MUCH FUN!
And that Cannon of yours is ADORABLE!!!
If you want an invite to my blog send me an email to myr_d@hotmail.com
Oh my gosh you are making me so sad. Those were seriously the best days ever. I love just reminiscing. We need to have a reunion. Remember that one time when we had to get up in front of everyone in a team meeting and sing from the ipod and you sang "we like to party... we like to we like to party." I miss you and everyone so much. I love ya and again sorry about the whole Dr. Cheng prank. Good times!!!
First, let me know how to contact Brook Boyce! I cant believe she has a baby! So fun! Next, maybe I could come down to your house next week when I dont have to work, that way we could hang out just us gals.
Last,this is the site that should help you do your blog...hopefully. If it does not work, let me know and I will e-mail it to you:
Here is a step by step outline for how to make your page more personalized
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dd8t7bxp_15hgft8p
I found my free papers at Shabbyprincess.com they are free and cute.
Love ya kiddo!
Post a Comment