Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Evil Teeth!

There must be some HUGE conspiracy amongst mothers of babies with teeth, but they seem to "forget" to tell us bright-eyed-gummy-baby-no-teeth mommies about the HORRORS of teething. Sure, you can read about it...but nothing compares to actually living through it. There isn't enough Tylenol, Motrin, teething tablets, cold chew toys, or Oragel on earth that will prepare you for those first few teeth. I swear I haven't slept in about a month! Teething has LITERALLY changed the number of kids that we want to have from 4 or 5 to 2 maybe 3. Cannon now has 2 and a half teeth (his top right will break through any day- the others came about 2-3 weeks ago), and I don't even want to think about what it will be like for him to get his molars. And it's not so much the lack of sleep, lack of eating (and wasting $$ formula), and increase in fuss....I just feel bad that I can't take away pain from my child. I would gladly take on all of the pain in the world, just to save my baby from any ounce of discomfort.

That's it.

Now I am going to crawl back into the bed that I am sharing with my son, as he tosses and turns and moans over 1 stinking tooth. Maybe I will luck out and he will cut like 7 teeth tonight! (which would explain his behavior and save me from more sleepless nights....)

To mommies of gummers and mommies to be- consider yourself informed (or should I say warned)

11 comments:

The Larsen's said...

I'm so sorry about Cannon's pain. I am not prepared for that with Cohen. Luckily he hasn't begun that phase yet, but its inevitable, so I'll be feeling your sleeplessness soon.

K and A Edgeworth said...

bless you heart! i hope it finally breaks through! thanks for coming over today! it was fun to talk with you and your little guy!

Kacey said...

I remember feeling the same way when Malia started teething! (And Dallin's teething issues are even worse, so I feel your pain!)
He sure looks happy in that picture with his toothbrush though. ;-)

Anonymous said...

WOW Lauren... I feel so bad for Cannon! Teething NEVER bothered Raiden at all, I had to force his mouth open to even look in there and sure enough, he had teeth LOL... Makenna has yet to cut any toofers, but she is chewing on everything and basically drenched in drool, so it will probably be anytime, I am keeping my fingers crossed she takes it as easy as Rizz did... she hasn't been fussy or anything so I am hoping!

Good luck to you!

A said...

lol... oh lauren you crack me up! But look how cute he is all happy with his toothbrush.... that makes it all worth while!

Savanna said...

I feel for you! We are going through the same issues. It's tuff on a Mom, especially when there is nothing we can do for our sweet little one. I do have a friend that her little girl threw up lots with every tooth she got, so I guess it could always be worse. :)

Jess Perry said...

Yeah. Isn't it strange that growth spurts and teething never get brought up until you are going through them. It is funny! I am sorry that you aren't getting sleep, I can feel your pain. And he is such a cute little guy, how do you just let him tough it out and suffer?

Mandy said...

I am so sorry! I feel awful because Addi will just complain all day and just sleep though all the pain at night (she has two.) It is SO hard when they are in pain and when you think of it, how awful! You have this crazy hard thing trying to stab its way though your soft gums. So mean! Give him a kiss for me and I will say a little prayer for his gums to finally give in!

MyR said...

It will be over soon. He'll be back to his cute, happy self and you will be glad he has those teeth so he can feed himself. It's GREAT! Good luck getting through it though - BOTH of you!!!

Lori said...

I am sorry Lauren. I know the feeling and I am not looking forward to it coming all too soon. good luck! It will come before you know it.

Hi Everyone.I changed my blog address to www.cameronandlori.blogspot.com
so makesure you change it too! Sorry it was driving me crazy though! Thanks.

Lauren Perry said...

thanks for everyones comments! I appreciate them :)