I have been taking been taking better care of my teeth the past 6 months since I started going to my new dentist (remember the McDreamy post last year). I never really took "bad" care of my teeth, but I have started flossing TWICE a day instead of once or missing a day here and there. I have also been religiously using mouth wash (which I hate). I just wanted to be able to tell Dr. McDreamy that I have done so well, I am flossing twice a day...blah blah blah... and here him compliment me on my beautiful teeth (like he did 6 months ago). Well, it turns out I had my FIRST cavity at my appointment this past week. When you start to take better care of your teeth, shouldn't you avoid things like getting a cavity?
So I go to see McDreamy again a few days later to get my small cavity worked on. He numbs my mouth and 10 minutes later starts to drill (all well making small talk of course). Needless to say, the talking wore off quick because my little tooth felt so much pain from the drill. He gave me another shot to numb and started small talk to wait for it to spread. Once he realized I couldn't feel my tongue or bottom lip, he started to drill....and I started to cry because I felt everything again. Long story terrible, 4 SHOTS LATER- he started to drill and I by then I was just in tears. I was completely numb from my nose to my neck....but I still felt such pain on that little tooth. He said he has never seen a body respond to Novocaine like that. He kept apologizing to me and I just looked at him like McTorture instead of McDreamy. There was not much else he could do, so I just had to squeeze down on the arm chair while he drilled into my not-numb tooth. I was in so much pain I bit my tongue and bloodied it because I could feel nothing. I told him how when I was in labor with Cannon, my epidural failed and only managed to numb a 5 inch radius on my right thigh- and that the Dr's didn't realize that for about 12 hours until I was shaking and hysterically crying from the pain of my contractions.
Why does my body respond HORRIBLY to medications that are supposed to numb and make you relaxed? One will never know the true answer to that question, for I must be a medical mystery.
Needless to say, my Dr. isn't very McDreamy to me anymore....
4 comments:
Poor you! I also had a horrible dental experience last month. I feel your pain!
Yuck! Poor Lauren!! I need to go to the dentist, I am over due for my cleaning.
HOly crud Lauren! That really sucks. I am sorry. I have had so many fillings and root canals and crowns... all that darn sugar I am addicted to... I would DIE if the shots did not work!
haha i haven't been to the dentist in soooo long! i need to get on that. and thats terrible you dont get to enjoy lifes little blessings we like to call drugs!!!!
Post a Comment