Saturday, February 21, 2009

Un-American

Hi, this is a Lauren post (Brian is all giddy about posting on our family blog now, I have to clarify who the author is)

So for almost the past 5 years of knowing my husband, he has found little bits and pieces here and there to make fun of me for. In light of the Oscars being tomorrow, I will highlight his favorite topic.... my lack of seeing great American movies. For this, he calls me "un-American" and here is why-

I have not seen:

Top Gun
Field of Dreams
Casablanca
The Wizard of Oz
The Princess Bride (until recently)
Independence Day
Any of the Harry Potters
Terminator
The God Father
Jaws
Ben-Hur
Gone with the Wind
NONE of the Indiana Jones
Citizen Kane
It's a Wonderful Life
A Christmas Story
Back to the Future
Vacation
Friday the 13ths or Nightmare on Elm Street or Halloweens

...... just to name a few......

Now my comment section is open for mockery. Brian thinks that it is a crime to not see some of these movies- I just never had the interest!

6 comments:

Ben and Jenn said...

I think that I have to agree with Brian that it is a crime that you haven't seen most of these movies! I highly suggest that you guys put Cannon to bed one night and pop LOTS of popcorn and have a movie marathon night! ;o)

Kacey said...

Now some of these I understand not seeing but Jaws? Top Gun? Back to the Future? The Wizard of Oz? I'm shocked and disappointed. I agree with Jenn...it's time for a movie marathon night! Malia's favorite movie right now is Wizard of Oz...does that tell you something? ;-) Get going girl...you've got some movies to watch! LOL

Jana Porter said...

i haven't seen most of those either so i will be unamerican with you!

Jewels said...

Oh hun! You're missin out! Those are classics! Especially Field of Dreams..it's probably one of my favs...and Indiana Jones they're pretty much amazing..not to mention A Christmas Story..it's tradition to watch it every Christmas season! :)

Just do a full on "American marathon" and go rent all those movies one weekend!!

TC Jolley said...

Lauren Perry... shame on you! I can't believe you haven't seen the Harry Potter series... you've read them right? If not, I don't know if we can be friends anymore!!! My love is conditional. I can't believe you put Twilight before Harry... shame on you!

A said...

what you have not seen Top Gun or A Christmas Story, Back the Future, It's a Wonderful Live or WIzard of Oz... holy crap! Go see them now