

No matter where we go (petting zoo, the park, the museum or just the comfort of our home, he is always with his cars)
Obsession #2- the Binky.
This has been an obsession with him since day 1. He sleeps with 10 binkies in his crib at all times. It's easy for me because when he wakes up, he can immediately find one and go back to sleep. The hard part is going to be breaking him of the binky habit or moving him to a big boy bed. We will not have the comfort of the breathable bumpers to keep those binkies from falling everywhere during sleep times. 
I swear I will get him off of the binky before he is in college. I could imagine it now- being the future QB of BYU and instead of wearing a mouth guard, he will have a binky in.
Obsession #3- Trucks, Tractors, Bulldozers, Helicopters.....
This one is hard to take pics of. We have a lot of construction going on around us and a lot of helicopters fly over head. He gets sooooo excited every time he sees a big truck, helicopters, tractors, the trash truck, bulldozers, diggers....you name it. The trash man comes on Thursdays during Cannons nap. Cannon will be napping and the second I hear the trash truck turn down our street he yells "A truck, a truck!". I have to go in there and open the window for him to see. He will go and get his stool and sit at the window to watch the trash truck go up and down our street. When I drive him places, he loves to point at EVERY truck, large truch, bulldozer, construction site machines that he can see.
Obsession #4- Chick-Fil-A nuggets and Chick-Fil-A sauce.
He LOVES dipping his nuggets in this sauce. He wont eat any other type of chicken nugget, unless it is from Chick-Fil-A and it is with their dipping sauce. I have to take him there once a week as a treat, because he just flips out and eats more than I have ever seen him eat. He practically drinks the stuff. I always feel silly asking for like 5 of the sauces, but I need to stock up at home because he loves it soo much!
his last obsession-
Obsession #5- The Bronze Gorilla at the LA Zoo
My parents live in Southern California and we are lucky to visit them a ton. The weather is always great, so we have been to the zoo a few times. Cannon is just OBSESSED with this bronze statue at the LA zoo. He runs to it and refuses to leave. This last time we were there, he played on the statue for at least 20 minutes before we were able to pry him away. He kept hugging the statue and kissing it. It was really sweet and endearing (and like the only time he neglected his little Cars toys). My mom is so silly, she turned to me and said "Well, what do I do now? Do I buy him a bronze gorilla statue for his birthday?"


The moral of this story is that we all need a little fun/healthy obsession in our lives. It gives you security and something to get excited about. Plus, it is so darn fun to take pictures of!


8 comments:
Cannon is darling and I have a crush on him! My niece always comes in and asks to see Addi's husband, she loves him too! Im glad they wont tease eachother for having binkies when they are married! I have not been on your site for awhile so I was looking down and saw the movies you have not seen. I totally agree with your husband and I cant believe that you have not seen Top Gun (totally eye candy) Field of Dreams simply blows my mind because it will make you cry each time (have you seen Bull Duram, my personal fav and if you havent, you are truly lame) Wizard of Oz, seriously? Where the heck did you grow up, Siberia? Funny stuff!
Cannon did love the gorilla statue. I still can see him running up and down the hills at the L.A. zoo. Cannon is easy to buy for because if you buy him a matchbox car he feels like he has hit the lottery. I am looking forward to spending the week with him and getting him to eat more veggies. I am wondering if he will call your dad by his name Dick or grandpa. Last time he was at our house it was cute the way he said Dick it almost sounded like duck.
I am SO jealous that you are taking a vacation without Cannon!!! I mean, I can see that it is sad and hard to leave him, but still! You'll have a blast! :)
I say enjoy yourself. It makes us better Mommy's.
We are having a binky issue too. I say by the time he is 2, then I will take it away. He loves it.
Oh how fun... HAWAII without the little one! That will be a blast! Cannon is a QT and sooo old now!
I have to comment on the last couple of blogs as I have not checked in awhile. First off, you are a baseball lover and you haven't seen field of dreams? Thats not unamerican, it is sacrileges to your sport! Secondly, nice dramatization of the sick night... I really did imagine Gilbert Godfrey as his voice, it was funny. Thirdly, WTH you are going to Hawaii GRRRRRRRRRR I haven't been back since we went with softball! Fourthly Cannon is still cute after all of these years.
Cute post Lauren! Can't wait for Hawaii...it will be a blast!
Love your blog! I have to make ours spiffy look.ing like yours
Post a Comment