Friday, March 27, 2009

Hi!

I am still ALIVE! We have tons of updates to fill you in on the past 2 weeks-

1. ALOHA! We had a blast in Hawaii (minus Cannon). I want to thank my parents for flying up to Utah and watching him for the week. In Hawaii I read, slept, laid out a TON, ate a TON (and didn't gain a pound), went to the PCC and got a face tattoo, saw the set of LOST (Brian freaked out), went to Pearl Harbor and had a WONDERFUL 26th Birthday! Below are pics! I got sunburned the first day, but I am still showing off a great tan. I came home (from the red-eye flight from hell- we about died during 3 hours of turbulence) and got the best hug from my little man! I missed him so much and loved talking to him every day. Thank you to the Perry's for taking us on this wonderful family trip!


(the set of LOST)
(The USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor)



2. My 26th Birthday! (in Hawaii without my child....enough said!) ;)

3. Twilight came out on DVD and of course I pre-ordered it 2 months a head of time. My bestie Natalie and her little sis Nikki went to Walmart to the Twilight DVD party and got to get up close and personal with Rachelle Laferve (aka Victoria). There were THOUSANDS of people there- but we got some great pics!































4. Cannon played with his best friend "Frew" aka Drew. Drew is Natalie's little guy and he is seriously too cute for words. Cannon and Drew always have the best time playing together. Dare I say, Cannon even lets Drew play with his little toy CARS. Now from other posts you might know that Cannon is a freak about his CARS. Heck, he screams if I even touch them- so I was shocked that he was sharing with his little buddy.















5. Best cupcakes EVER. So I have perfected my Vanilla Bean Cupcakes and they are to die for! I am making them for Cannon's birthday. Cannon is a HUGE fan of them (as you can see below). The cupcake portion is very rich, not too sweet, and very thick- like a moist bread. The frosting is very sweet and "orgasmic"--- that's right, i said it. It is very fluffy and it melts in your mouth.




















6. Last but not least, CANNON! He is going to be 2 on Wednesday! I can't believe he is getting so grown up! He talks a ton- talking and running is pretty much all he does. He sits in a booster seat at the table because he loves to be a big boy. He likes to tell me every time he goes potty in his diaper- so I am having high hopes about potty training. We have his mattress and big boy bedding, but we are not ready to buy a bed yet and get him in that. Maybe when we think more about jumping on the baby #2 bandwagon- we will start the transition. He is still into his binkies, but he only uses them in his crib (FINALLY!). We love to go on walks, play at the park, play at the Legacy pool in Lehi, visit Aquarium, and he loves to come to my Bingham softball games and practices (thanks Brian for keeping an eye on him!)


That's about it! That is my update in a nutshell!

6 comments:

Diane said...

I cannot believe he only uses the binkie aka diddy in the crib. I had high hopes of breaking him of the diddy while you were in Hawaii but no luck. I too cannot believe he will be two next week.

A said...

I still remember the day you had sweet lil cannon! Look at what a stud he is now! You make cute kids. Now time for a girlllll!!!

Lance and Ariel said...

I'm so jealous that you guys got some vacation in Hawaii, but I'm sure it was much needed!! Cannon is so cute and I can't believe he's two!! I feel old!! And your cupcakes sound divine :)

Savanna said...

Cute Pictures! I"m glad you had a great time in Hawaii. Cannon is so cute and reminds me so much of the things Tyeson is up to. We need to let them play together at Bear Lake this year!!

barbaraence said...

So glad you had fun! :)

Boydston Family said...

I am soooooo jealous of your trip. Looks like you guys had fun. Cannon is suoer cute I can't believe he is almos two, where does the time go.