Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sorry!

It's been way too long! My own husband gives me a hard time about my lack of blogging. Sure I blog on 2 recipe blogs (www.whatyabeencooking.blogspot.com and www.eat-yourself-skinny.blogspot.com), but I am such a slacker on my family blog. I keep telling myself that people see updates and pics through facebook and EVERYONE and their mother has a facebook (yes, even my mom has a facebook), but that is no excuse!

Here is a catch up. The boys and I headed to CA on September 1st. Not to toot my own horn, but I am Wonder Woman. I fly with 2 kids 3 and under ALL.THE.TIME and not to mention ALL.BY.MYSELF! If you have not met my kids, I must inform you that they are the busiest boys on earth.

We had a really nice time in CA. We went to Universal Studios and Magic Mountain. Cannon and Lincoln love going to "Bom-Bom" and "Papa Dicks" house in California.


From CA, I flew (with my parents this time) to Kauai and stayed at my mom's friends lovely vacation home. Brian flew straight from Utah (thanks to work vacation days) and we picked him up the night we flew in. We ate wonderful food, got rockin' tans, took a train ride through a plantation (Cannon's favorite), ate more wonderful food, and drove around the island. We spend most of our time at the beach. Cannon saw sea turtles, seals, crabs and ROOSTERS all over the beach. Thats right, the island is run by chickens and roosters. Sadly, we only saw like 3 gecko's the whole trip. One night we put Cannon in the jacuzzi tub while I started to get ready to go out. I wasn't paying much attention to him, and he had dumped Brian's body wash in the tub. The bubbles grew so high, they went above the water spout and reached up to Cannon's shoulders when he was standing. I learned my lesson (even though I was standing right next to him the whole time). Lincoln learned to crow like a rooster when he wakes up, that is a delight in the wee- hours of the morning. Lincoln LOVES the sand and water. He is the funniest baby I have ever seen. You can just see the wheels turning in his cute little head. After a 9 day trip to Kauai, we flew back to CA for a few more days, and then I flew home with the boys (by myself again).

It was a 19 day trip and I am glad to be home. Vacation is fun and the food is wonderful, but its always nice to get back to your routines and there's no place like home!

**pics to come soon!**

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

NOT EVERYONE has Facebook!!! I don't so I never see any updates from you unless you do your blog. I am excited to see that you did a new recipe blog....it looks great.

Anonymous said...

Lincoln and Cannon are great travelers. Cannon is so wonderful on the plane because he loves to fly. Everybody always comments how great Cannon is on the plane. Lincoln did love the beach. I bet he would stay in the water all day long if we let him. I still cannot get over how many strangers wanted to hold Lincoln in Kauai. I think those warm eyes just melt people hearts. He is such a joyful baby. I still think of Cannon sitting at the table at the airport and taking a sip of a strangers drink. That is right up there with the time dad and I took him to the training table when he was 23 months and he grabbed some french fries from a table that needed to be cleared. These boys are just to darling. You really are amazing the way you travel thru the airport and on flights alone with the boys.

Mandy said...

You are super woman! I really dont even like to go to the grocery store with two kids, much less the airport. I feel a panic attack coming on just thinking about it!
When we went to Hawaii we also saw a crazy amount of chickens and roosters! Ron kept trying to feed them chicken and it drove me nuts! Im so happy you had fun! I too am not much of a facebook gal so keep the blog updates coming, I want to see lots of pictures!

Kacey said...

I'm excited about your new recipe blog!!